s.s. | happier : i

y/n and sebastian dated for 5 years and now it's done. they broke up 1 month ago. the news were over the internet, they were of course surprised of what happened. but what was the reason?

walking down 29th and park
i saw you in another's arms
only a month we've been apart
you look happier

did someone cheated?

saw you walk inside a bar
he said something to make you laugh
i saw that both your smiles were twice as wide as ours
yeah, you look happier, you do

"sebastian, are you sure you're okay?" mackie, his pal asked him. "yeah, thank you. i'll see you next week." as they hugged, sebastian walked out of mackie's apartment. he didn't know what to do, he was sad, confused, mad, mixed emotions.

ain't nobody hurt you like i hurt you
but ain't nobody love you like i do
promise that i will not take it personal, baby
if you're moving on with someone new

while walking around the city, someone, something caught his eyes. he saw y/n talking to another man, they were happy, laughing. sebastian's heart broke into pieces as he saw her, saw her smiling, laughing with another man. without a word he just jumped into his car and cried like a baby.

'cause baby you look happier, you do
my friends told me one day i'll feel it too
and until then i'll smile to hide the truth
but i know i was happier with you

until he went home. he felt more sadness than ever. he missed y/n so much. y/n's scent is still at his home. he missed his home.

sat on the corner of the room
everything's reminding me of you
nursing an empty bottle and telling myself you're happier
aren't you?

now to the other hand. y/n just went home from the coffee shop. then she felt sadness again, hurt & pain. she does missed her baby, her love, her man. she cried again along with the sad music that plays around the speakers. she then opened her instagram.

ain't nobody hurt you like i hurt you
but ain't nobody need you like i do
i know that there's others that deserve you
but my darling, i am still in love with you

she saw an article that e! news posted. it was about her and sebastian. "one of the most loving & iconic couple of hollywood did end last month. but have you seen sebastian stan's latest tweet? and some paparazzi photos of y/f/n having fun with a mystery man?"

but i guess you look happier, you do
my friends told me one day i'd feel it too
i could try to smile to hide the truth
i know i was happier with you

she groaned and opened the link. she was surprised of what she saw, it was her and the man she was with earlier. "wow?" she exclaimed. she rolled her eyes and continued to read the article until she saw sebastian's tweet. "i saw you in another's arms, only a month we've been apart. you look happier." she furrowed her eyebrows and groaned and laughed.

"seriously?" she asked. she then came back to the instagram post and commented, "that mystery man? was my cousin. i am beyond thankful for him actually because yes, sebastian was right. i was happy but not happier."

now let's go to the other side again. sebastian's instagram is going wild. he opened it and saw a lot of tags on e! news. he got curious so he clicked it. revealing it was y/n's comment. his face turned into happiness but then sadness.

"should i call her?" he asked himself. he went to the contacts and clicker her name. "shit. sebastian get yourself together." he mumbled and clicked the call. he was nervous, didn't have any idea why'd he called her.

baby, you look happier, you do
i knew one day you'd fall for someone new
but if breaks your heart like lovers do
just know that i'll be waiting here for you

"hey?" she answered. a tear came out of his eye as he heard her voice again. "c-could we talk?" he asked. he heard y/n sighs, "yeah. where and what time?" he looked over his watch. "i'll pick you up in 10." he said. "yeah okay. see you then." and when the call ended. he cried again, and yes so does she.