iii.

𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐥!

𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐢, 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐢𝐢

THE CAPITOL WAS FAR MORE LUXURIOUS than even the television made it seem

THE CAPITOL WAS FAR MORE LUXURIOUS than even the television made it seem. There were so many huge buildings and houses, and Avalon was shocked that people could actually afford to live there. 

When they arrived, the small group was given an apartment-type living arrangement to stay in until the games were over. They took a short elevator ride to the fourth floor, then entered the room, which shocked Avalon and Oliver. She thought the room on the train was big, but this was about ten times larger.

"What do you think?" Sadira asked, bubbling with excitement. Avalon was still in complete shock, still looking around.

"It's... wow," was all she could get out. This earned a chuckle from both Sadira and Finnick, who Avalon assumed were both used to this style of living by now. "This might be worth going into the games for," she joked, but nobody laughed this time. She shook her head and muttered a quick 'sorry' before continuing her exploration of the place.

"Well, I'm glad you enjoy it, because this is where you'll be staying until the games begin," Sadira explained. Avalon nodded her head in response, still gaping at the room. "Hurry up and get settled, we'll be heading to the tribute parades shortly." 

Sadira led Avalon and Oliver to their rooms, telling them to make sure everything was alright, and to come out to the dining room as soon as they were finished, for dinner will be served there. Avalon entered her room, which was at least two times the size of her room on the train, and plopped down on the bed. She closed her eyes, taking it all in. At least it distracted her from the fact that the games started in a mere few days.

All too soon, she heard her name being called from another room. She sighed, opening her eyes and standing from the bed, making her way into the dining room. "Sorry," she muttered quickly. "Guess I got carried away."

"Don't worry about it, sweetheart," Sadira replies, softly smiling at the girl. "It can be a lot to take in, I know. Now, eat up. And hurry." She handed Avalon a plate, who quickly accepted it and filled it up with food. She had forgotten how hungry she was.

A silence came over the room as the group ate their meal. It wasn't exactly an "awkward" silence, but Avalon certainly didn't find it comfortable. She found herself shifting in her chair too often.

Finnick spoke up. "So, how are you two liking the Capitol?" The tension in the room lifted, and Avalon looked to the boy.

"It's nice," she said, taking a bite of her food. "Just.. a lot, you know? I'm not used to it yet." Oliver pointed his fork at her.