ix.

𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐥!

𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐢, 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐱

THE NEXT FEW WEEKS CONSISTED OF many sleepless nights, meeting with local friends, and Capitol business

THE NEXT FEW WEEKS CONSISTED OF many sleepless nights, meeting with local friends, and Capitol business. Avalon was more tired than she had ever been in her life, but she knew this was what came with being a victor. It happened every year.

The Victory Tour was about to begin, and Avalon had to prepare to say goodbye to her family once again. She knew it wouldn't be as hard this time, because she knew she would see them as soon as she got back, but it was still hard nonetheless.

As she began to exit her bedroom and begin down the stairs, she heard conversation in the foyer. Curious, she quietly began to go down the steps, one at a time. She recognized the voice almost immediately- it was Sadira, and she had brought the makeup team with her. Avalon rushes down the stairs, smiling at the sight of Sadira, who returned the warm smile.

"Oh, Avalon. We've got our work cut out for us," Sadira sighed, looking at the girl's appearance. Avalon had completely forgotten that she was still in her pajamas and her hair was still messy from sleeping on it. She chuckled, running her fingers through her hair in attempt to make it look at least a little better.

She elf the makeup team into the bathroom, where they held out her outfit she was to wear on the first part of the Victory Tour: a pair of black dress pants and a pale blue top that would be tucked into them. She quickly changed Andes the makeup team go to work. The more they worked with her, the faster they got. 

When they had finished, her hair was curled perfectly, and she had natural but beautiful makeup on. She met Sadira down in the foyer once more, ready to say goodbye to her family and get the Tour over with.

"Oh, how beautiful," Sadira cried, holding her arms out to Avalon for a hug, who walked right into her arms and returned it. If there was anything Avalon needed after the Games, it was a hug.  She wished she could stay like this forever, but there was a Victory Tour to get to, so she stepped away and turned to her family.

"I love you," she said, bringing them all in for a hug. She could feel Quinn rest her head on her shoulder, and Avalon rested her head on top of her sisters, taking in the moment. She gently pulled away. "I'll miss you."

"We'll miss you, too," her mother replied, putting a gentle hand on her cheek and rubbing circles into it. Avalon leaned her head against her mother's hand.

"Be safe," she heard a smaller voice say, and she looked down to her little sister, who's breaths were shaky. Avalon put a hand on her shoulder and smiled gently.