xv.

𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐥!

𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐢𝐢, 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱𝐯 

SHRIEKS COMING FROM KATNISS WOKE BOTH Avalon and Finnick from their sleep

SHRIEKS COMING FROM KATNISS WOKE BOTH Avalon and Finnick from their sleep. Avalon turned her head towards the sound to see a thick fog coming towards the group.

Katniss held her hand to her chest in obvious distress. "Run! Run, the fog is poison!" 

Avalon's half awake mind didn't process this fast enough, and Finnick was practically lifting the girl to her feet and pushing her along. They ran as fast as their legs could take them, but the fog was still growing closer by the second. 

Katniss and Peeta were in front of the two, but Katniss tripped. Peeta rant o help her, but they both ended up being caught in the fog. As soon as they got Katniss to her feet, they ran again.

Avalon and Finnick were a little behind, so Avalon's hand got caught in the fog. She cried out in pain, holding her hand to her chest as Katniss had done earlier, but didn't stop running. She knew it would only hurt worse if she got caught inside of the fog.

A few feet ahead of them, Peeta fell to the ground, not able to run anymore from the pain of the fog. Finnick dropped to his knees to the side of them.

"I can't carry him," Katniss said. 

Finnick looked towards Peeta. "Okay. Come on," he said, helping Peeta to his feet, motioning for Avalon to grab Peeta's other arm and put it around her shoulder to help him walk. Sure, this would be a lot slower, but it would be better than leaving Peeta.

They weren't fast enough, however, because the fog quickly caught up to them and hit their backs. The poison stung like Avalon couldn't believe, and the three cried out, not being able to carry themselves anymore, and fell down, which led to them tumbling down a hill.

Avalon landed straight on her back, where the stinging was the worst, and she couldn't even cry out anymore. She just shut her eyes and clenched her fists as tight as she could to stop the pain, which obviously didn't work. 

As her eyes opened, she saw the cloud of fog coming towards the group. She wanted to get up and run, but her body wouldn't carry her anymore. This is it. I'm going to die.

However, she was surprised to see that the fog made almost a wall before it reached the group, slowly dissolving away. Avalon closed her eyes, wishing for anything to take away the pain.

She heard Katniss crawling away from the group, and she turned her head to see what she was doing. She saw a small pond, and she watched as Katniss stuck her hand in it, crying out again. The cries stopped quickly this time, though.