Fairy Dust

Carla wiped away her tears. She looked straight into the first master's serious face.

"Lucy was attacked by a dark mage while Natsu rescued Lisanna. She was taken by her celestial spirits and she seemed lifeless. Natsu seemed too preoccupied with Lisanna to…And Gray saw Lucy's final moments... his face.." Carla was crying again, eyes towards the ground with clenched paws.

Mavis shifted her head so that she gazed towards the same direction she had gazed towards when she was inside the guild.
"hm… Is that all you saw? I know you have a gift of seeing visions of the future."

Carla replied surprised, "Actually, there was one more. I saw something more just moments before. And I don't know what it means."

Wendy quickly turned her head towards Carla with a surprised look. Mavis smiled gently.

Carla observing the change in the first master's demeanor took a deep breath.

"I saw you, the first master, walk up to Lucy who was lying in a glowing pool with a waterfall in some forest I don't recognize"

Mavis's eyes widened.
"So my calculations were right. Thank you Carla. Now I have a mission for the both of you… Carla and Wendy, the sky dragon slayer."

Carla and Wendy looked at one another and gazed back at the confident first master standing barefoot before them. She had an air of confidence and strength as she spoke..

"You are to speak to no one about what you have just told me and you must leave immediately. Speak to no one before you go. I will meet you at Hargeon port in 1 hour. Hurry and get ready now."

Wendy felt the gravity of the mission given upon them as Mavis walked towards Wendy and Carla pushing them to face the street so that they could be on their way to fairy hills. Wendy grabbed Carla into her arms and started running.

Mavis watched the two leave. Then she flew to the top of the guild and enjoyed the sunset occurring before her eyes. Her eyes towards a direction far off on the ocean horizon. She started to skip on top of the roofs of buildings towards the port. Humming all the way.

×××××

*earlier*

A flash of light appeared in the green forest. A panting man stood as the light faded away. Tears were falling upon the face of the young woman in his arms. Her head was nestled in his neck and dripping with blood. He was gasping for air as he fell to his knees, grasping tightly yet gently to the frail bloody body in his arms. Holding her close to his chest…

"Please… let me have come in time… please… Don't leave me… not like this.. Don't leave me…. like Karen…"

He remembered Lucy's kindness. Her adamant wish to be friends with her spirits. Her unrelenting heart to save him and her boldness to go against the Celestial Spirit King. Her choice to work around the schedules of her spirits. Her numerous battles.. phantom lord.. the infinity clock...

Her smiling face

Closing his eyes, "Please Mavis… Save her"

He cried with deep anguish. Her heart was silent. If only she had called him earlier. If only he had come sooner. If only he was stronger. If only…

"I'm so…..sorry… Lucy"

At that moment, Lucy's Fairy Tail mark lit up with a bright yellow light. Speckles of light from the air were falling onto Lucy's body.

A beat.

He felt it. Loke opened his eyes and gazed upon the light spectacle before him.
Another beat. The most beautiful sound and feeling he would ever remember.
Her heart was beating slow.. but surely.

He smiled still crying.
"Thank you… "

"Thank you.. Lucy… for coming back to us..."

He looked up and with a new sense of determination, lifting his master gently as he stood up onto his feet.

"We'll take it one step at time. But I promise you, no one will ever dare to hurt you like this again. I, Leo the Lion… the Leader of the 12 zodiac keys.. and Loke of Fairy Tail.. PROMISE to protect you… Lucy Heartfilia… and to make you.. THE GREATEST Celestial mage the world as seen yet.."

"Or I will die trying." A glint of fire in his eyes.

Lights lit into a circle around Loke and materialized into all her celestial spirits. They were smiling and looked upon their leader and master with confidence and pride. All had the same conviction, united in their love and loyalty to their master.

They spoke loud and strong. "I promise." "Pu-puunn!"

Magic pressurized around them, causing air to twirl around them and yellow light radiated from their bodies.

Loke whispered to Lucy, "So wake up Lucy. All of us are waiting for you. We'll be here… right by your side."

In the celestial spirit world, the Celestial Spirit King sat in his throne, his elbow on the arm rest and hand in a fist over his mouth. He thought hard. "Hm...Lucy….."

×××××

Waves were crashing onto the side of the boat. Going full speed, the boat was cutting through the ocean waters. The ocean breeze weaving through the blue hair of a girl and the white fur of an exceed. Both on the bow of the boat. Looking firmly before them. With the pink horizon, the stars were making their entrance in the darkening sky above. Twinkling., like they were cheering and urging them to hurry on their quest.

Softly, "We are almost there.. Lucy. Wait for us." Wendy spoke.

To Tenrou Island.

^_^