Friendly Warming

She explained her memory… the mark… Natsu's actions… and Loke just clenched his fists…. Tears streaming down his face… closing his eyes shut….

"And… Laxus… It hurts so much…." Lucy said softly… "I…think I love him…"

Loke opened his eyes…. he stared at the ground..

"And.. it hurts that I have to die again… without having been loved back.. haha…." She said smiling… "At least mom had dad….. and she had me…. But then again… it must have been harder for her to leave…"

"NO! YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DIE! YOU ARE GOING TO LIVE! YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DIE AGAIN!" Loke grabbed Lucy into a hug… he was crying hard now… he was going to lose Lucy.. again…. AGAIN.

"We'll figure something out okay? You've gotten a lot stronger! And… and.. all your spirits will work hard to make sure you live… you are going to live Lucy"

"Loke…"

"Please Lucy…. Not again…." Loke cried…

She hugged him tighter. "It's my choice Loke. And I will… make my mom proud."

Loke's eyes widened.. He wanted this to be a dream.. it was all just a bad dream…

"Good-bye Loke. Forced Gate Closure"

"LU-!" a bright light formed and Loke vanished.

Tick….Tock… Tick….. Tock…..

.

She sat in the dark quietly…

.

"Sleep… It sounds nice…. Peace and quiet… Mom…Dad…. I'll see you soon….. Wait for me…"

××××

It has been a few weeks now since Lucy came back. And the guild was back to normal. Everyone's spirits were finally back and all was peaceful. Erza and Gray had gone on a few missions with Lucy.. Wendy and Gajeel have tagged along some times as well… and only when the two dragon slayers went did Natsu tag along..

And right now… Natsu was talking with Lisanna and Happy.. seated at a table on a table closer to the guild walls. He was smiling and back to his normal self.

Mira sighed as she dried mugs behind the bar. She had hoped that Natsu and Lucy would get together.. not that she had anything against Natsu dating her sister.. but she knew that the two would never be able to forget.. what they could have been.

"Mirajane.. is something bothering you?"

"oh.. Freed" Mira blushed.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay. You seem to sigh a lot." Freed blushed

"It's just…" Mira looked with sorrow filled eyes at Natsu's direction. Freed followed her gaze.

"Is it Natsu and Lucy?…"

"How did.."

"Everyone's feeling the same way. Especially after the awakening of her seal."

"Its so confusing… and just tragic… I just keep thinking about what they could have been… they seemed so perfect…" she said as she looked down at the bar table top.

"There is nothing we can do about them.. but.. if you do want to help Lucy.. maybe you can help her with someone else."

Mira looked at him with shocked eyes.. her eyes began to twinkle and Freed chuckled. He found her so adorable. Matchmaker Mira was back in business.

"Who.. what do you know Freed. Tell me!"

Freed leaned closer to her and Mira leaned her ear over as well. Her eyes widened and she was beyond shocked.