Shocking, Part2

Laxus arrived at her apartment.. and tried to open her door…. It was bolted… he tried lightning jumping to look into her bedroom through the window… he saw covers half off the bed and saw… a hand on the floor… his eyes went wide…

He ran up the stairs to her apartment door again.. and rammed it open.. he ran into her bedroom.. and found an unconscious Lucy on the floor next to her bed.. half covered in her blankets and arm stretched out on the floor… her hair was covering her face…

He quickly went to her side and gently put a hand on her arm.. "Lucy…"

She didn't stir… she didn't move… but her arm… she was burning… he gently lifted her up with one arm and pushed aside her hair… her face was flushed and she was sweating..

Lucy had a terrible fever.

Panic. He quickly lifted her bridal style and turned into lightning…..

He arrived at a house in the woods.. he kicked the door open… rushed up to the bedroom… he gently put her down on the bed and went to get cold water in a basin with towels.. lots and lots of it.

When he came back.. he set them on the bed next to her.. quickly without thinking he began to unbutton her pajama top.. luckily.. she was wearing pajama shorts and so he wouldn't have to take those off.. making sure not to look… he quickly placed a towel to cover her chest..

He removed her top and put wet cold towels on her stomach, the back of her neck, her forehead, and the back of her knees. It didn't matter if the bed sheets got wet.. he was too worried about Lucy to care..

Where was Loke.. why wasn't he taking care of her… Laxus was so frustrated… if he hadn't gone to check on Lucy…. She would probably have been left on that floor for who knows how long….

He changed her towels frequently.. making sure that her fever was going down… Lucy still hadn't woken up.. and Laxus busied himself by dabbing her body with a cold towel… her arms.. her shoulders… her neck… her stomach.. her very flat and toned stomach…

Laxus caught himself.. he was in his home.. with Lucy… who was practically half naked… he couldn't help but enjoy the sight…

It was another couple hours before Lucy's fever had gone down to an acceptable range… he was still gently dabbing her legs with a cold towel…

Her eyes sluggishly opened.. someone was gently dabbing her legs.. she looked down and found a very concerned looking Laxus… He was so preoccupied with his thoughts that he hadn't noticed Lucy waking up… his furrowed eyebrows.. lips a little tense…

"Hey bunnyboy…"

Laxus shot his eyes up to see Lucy's eyes open.

"Yo blondie… seems like you're all better now… calling your savior names.. that's not a very grateful thing to do…"

"What do you mean?" Lucy looked around the room. It wasn't her room. She panicked and tried to sit up but a large hand gently pushed her chest down so she was lying on the bed again.

"Easy…. Lucy… you still need to rest some more."

"Where….. am I?" and then she noticed her outfit. She quickly covered her chest with her hands.

"KYAAA! LAXUS YOU PERVERT! UGHH…" Lucy grabbed her head with one hand. She had a major headache.

"CALM DOWN. You are in my house. And I had to take your top off. You were burning. I had to bring your fever down. And I promise I didn't look.. "

He gently put another cold towel on her forehead after taking her hand away from her head.

"Stay put. Just relax. I'm going to go make you some soup."

Laxus got up from the bed and walked out of the bedroom. Lucy was alone… and now she could finally observe the room better…

He had soft black pillows and a furry blanket. It was like the soft fur of his coat. She chuckled to herself... Laxus liked soft furry things... Most of the furniture in the room was black and yellow… not much of a surprise… A maroon red cabinet… and a small table next to the bed…

.

Her eyes widened… something glimmered on the table…

.

Bracelets… Cana's…. metal bracelets..

.

She put a hand over her head… covering her eyes.. and smiled…

.

"I should've known…"

.

There's a limit to how much.. a person can take… a limit to how much hurt a person can feel…. And Lucy's heart.. had already reached its capacity… she felt nothing. Her heart had numbed…frozen solid… and her smile was empty...

.

"How… unlucky can you get…. Lucy….."

.

She got up.. and found her top… she put it on and neatly folded the towels on top of the bedside table. She put the bracelets on top.

Standing up straight… in front of the open door of the bedroom.. Laxus in the kitchen heating up soup…. She mouthed the incantation as she rubbed one of her bracelets… a small light… a gently click of the front door… and she was gone.

.

.

His sensitive ears heard the click. He quickly dashed upstairs to the bedroom.

"Lucy…"

He didn't see her. He looked around and found the towels neatly folded on the table… with some metal bracelets on top of them….. he walked up to them and pick one up…

.

It took a moment to process… but once he did… he knew…. he sat on the edge of the bed… elbows on his knees… hands covering his face….

.

.

Great… just great…..

^_^