The Return Journey

They were almost back. Master Mavis had gone ahead to inform Master Makarov of their arrival and the group was walking slowly on the road towards Magnolia. Wendy was lagging behind a little and Laxus being the only stable minded person at the point finally spoke up.

"Alright Wendy. Spill it" As he turned around abruptly and faced the small girl

Wendy was startled and was nervous. She began poking her fingers together. Gajeel and Lucy turned around too. All eyes were on Wendy now.

"Come on. You've been like this since yesterday. Tell me before I tickle you and make you tell me" Laxus said with a finger pointed at her now.

Tears started to well up and that got everyone's full attention. "Nooo... Aww im sorry im sorry! Don't do that! Don't cry. I'm sorry!" Laxus tried cajoling her

Her lips were quivering and her fists were clenched. "Will.. you guys still hang out with me after we get back?" She said with a choked soft voice.

Everyone was shocked. What

"What do you mean Wendy? Of course we'll see you around. We'll see you at the guild all the time." Gajeel

"I... just... I really.. like you all.. and these past few months... you guys were the closest things I had to a real.. siblings....I had a lot of fun..."

She looked up from Gajeel to Laxus now

"and... and.. I never really talked to you before these few months.. and... if you don't want to.. talk to me... its okay..

Laxus swooped Wendy up so that she was now being carried on his back. And began to walk while carrying her. She was dumbfounded.. her eyes in shock..

"Crybaby Wendy.. you were always a sister to us. And if you want to hang out with me, I'll make sure to take time to spend time with you. Even if it's just us.

"Jeez Wendy. You know me and Lily will always take you on for a training session. We dragon slayers gotta stick together right? Gotta find our dragons" He said with a grin

"Wendy. You are always going to be my little sister so don't you worry. I wouldn't be standing here without you.

They all smiled at her. Lily with an approving nod as he was flying above

Carla flew next to Wendy "Silly girl. I told you there was nothing to worry about."

Wendy finally smiled tears rolling down her face. "Thank you..."

×××××

They walked on.. Wendy still being carried on Laxus' back. She had her arms around Laxus' neck and rested her head on his shoulder. Having been unable to get a good nights rest she fell asleep. Lucy could only smile at the view. Laxus sure was good with kids. She chuckled.

They were on the other side of Magnolia's canal from Lucy's apartment. She stood silently as she looked at it.. smiling.. it has been ages.. then she realized.

"OMMGG MY RENT!"

"Now you realize? Geez bunnygirl.. sometimes you're so.."

"Shut it gihigglybutt. I've been...."

"save it. Don't want to hear it. Oh and I forgot to tell you. Your rents been covered."

"Huh?!"

"What do you mean it's covered? Who would pay for it?"

"Gihi... I did"

"WHHHATTTTTT?!" Laxus, Carla, Lily, and Lucy yelled.

Wendy woke up from their sudden outburst and began to rub her eyes.