Chapter 65: girl meets dad(part 2)

Lucas's pov
I wake up and it's 11:48am. Maya wakes up shortly after I do.
"Morning beautiful" I say
"Hey Lucas" she said sadly
"What's wrong, baby" I say moving a strand of hair out of her face
"I'm scared to meet my dad. I hardly slept last night. I'm so nervous" she said
"It's gonna be ok. I will be with you the whole time" I said. I kissed her gently.
"Ok" she said
"How about we get dressed and eat some breakfast" I said. She nodded. I got up and put on a blue and light black henley and some jeans with some black converse along with a black beanie. Maya put on rock band tee with a leather jacket and some black leggings and combat boots. We walked downstairs and ate breakfast. Then Riley and farkle came down.
"Hey guys" Riley and farkle say
"Hey" I say
"Hi" maya said
"Are you guys going to see..." Riley tried to ask
"Yeah" I cut her off
"We are going too" Riley said. We nodded. We finished getting ready and we all left. Farkle drove and Riley sat in the passenger seat. Me and maya sat in the back. Riley and farkle were talking. Maya cuddled into me. She started to feel really tense. I rubbed her back.
"It's gonna be ok" I whisper in her ear. She calms down a little as she relaxes in my arms. I continue to rub her back and whisper calming things to her. She soon falls asleep. She is probably really tired since she said she couldn't sleep last night.
(after the drive)
"Were here" farkle says. Riley and farkle get out of the car.
"Maya, we are here" I whisper. She wakes up and nods. I carry her out of the car. She falls back asleep in my arms. Me, farkle and Riley walk to the apartment while I carry maya. We get outside of the Matthews door. Maya wakes up. I put her down beside me.
"Are you ok" I asked. She took a deep breath.
"Yeah" she agrees. I can see the fear in her eyes. I grab her hand. She was just about to knock on the door but she stopped.
"Maya it's ok. You can do it" Riley said
"No I can't" maya said. She ran away. I chased after her. I gave Riley and farkle the 'go in without us' look. I chased her. She ran out of the apartment building and to the street. She ran down the sidewalk I chased her. She has always been great at running. She used to do track. She was one of the best runners of grade 6 when we were in that grade. She finally stopped in a dark ally way and sat in the corner. I sat next to her. As soon as I sat down she started to cry in my chest. I put my arm around her and rubbed her back.
"Shhh it's ok" I whispered to her
"It's not ok. I want to talk to my father but....but....but I just can't" she said
"Yes you can maya. I will never leave you. I love you" I said
"I love you too" she said. We kissed. We sat in silence for a while.
"I think I'm ready to go talk" she said
"Ok, let's go" I said. We walked to the Matthews hand in hand.
(At the Matthews)
She was gonna knock on the door then she stopped.
"You can do it" I said. She took a deep breath and knocked on the door. Mrs. Matthews opened it.
"Maya Lucas come in" she said. We walked in. I saw a man that kinda looked like maya. He looked very nice not mean or scary. Me and maya sat on the same couch as Riley and Farkle. It was silent for a while.
"maya, this is Shawn Hunter. Your father" Mr. Matthews said. I felt Maya's grip on my hand tighten.
"You may be my father but you are always gonna be just a stranger" maya said
"But I don't want to be a stranger I want to be a father to you" Shawn said
"Then where did you go for 16 years. You left me and my mother the day after I was born!" I yell
"Let's give you two some time alone" mrs.Matthews said
"I will stay here with maya" I said. They nodded and left.
"Who are you" Shawn asked me
"I'm Lucas Frair. Maya's boyfriend" I said shaking his hand
"Boyfriend?" Shawn questions
"Yeah" I said
"Are you two living together?" Shawn asked
"Well Riley and Farkle are with us, sir" I said
"You two are living with each other with no parents or adults around!" Shawn yells
"Um yeah" I say quietly
"Maya you can't live with no parents none of you guys can! You are all only 16! Maya you will come live with me in California until auggie is done with his movies in 3 years. We leave in 2 weeks" Shawn said. Maya got really upset and mad, I can tell.
"Are you fu***** kidding me?!" Maya yells
"Don't talk like that!" Shawn demands
"Sir, we are very responsible. We are good kids" I say
"Maya you are living with me. End of discussion" Shawn said
"NO! I'm not living with you! You are a fu***** murder and idiot!" Maya yelled with tears in her eyes. He stepped closer to us.
"I'm not a murder! I thought she was someone else!" Shawn yells. I put my arm around maya and we stepped back.
"Sir, please don't be like this. We have been fine living with each other" I said
"I just wanna spend time with you maya" he said looking at maya
"I don't wanna spend time with you! You killed my mother! You are a fu***** murder!" Maya yelled
"I'm not a fu***** murder you are a failure and a stupid little girl!" Shawn yelled. Maya let all the tears escape her eyes.
"Would you just leave maya alone!" I yell
"IM DONE! MAYA LETS GO!" Shawn yelled trying to pull maya away. I grabbed Maya's hand and she stayed with me.
"IM NOT GOING WITH YOU! YOUR JUST A FU***** MURDER! I NEVER WANNA SEE YOU AGAIN! BYE!" Maya yelled as she ran out the door. I followed her. We saw Riley and farkle and the Matthews outside the door. Shawn tried to come after us but mr.Matthews stopped him.
"We will meet you in the car, riles" maya said. We walked out to the car. We sat in the back seat. She started crying.
"Maya, it's ok I'm here" I said. I moved her closer to me. She cried in my chest.
"I thought he was gonna be nice or at least not like this" she said
"Me too. I will not let him take you" I said
"I know" she said
"I love you" I said
"I love you too" she said. We kissed.
"Are you still tired?" I ask
"Yeah" she answered
"Ok you can sleep" I said. I put her on my lap. She put her head on my shoulder and rubbed her back . She soon fell asleep. Then Riley and farkle came in the car. Maya woke up when the door opened. She got off my lap and sat beside me. She fell back asleep on me. We got back to the house. It's only 3:03pm. I carried maya into the house.
"Me and Riley are going to go get some food for us. Chinese or pizza?" Farkle said
"Cheese Pizza" I said. It's Maya's favourite.
"Ok we will be back soon" Riley said. They left. I put maya on the couch. I sat down with her. After a couple minutes she woke up.
"How long was I sleeping for?" She asked as she sat up
"About 1 hour" I said
"Where are Riley and Farkle" She asked
"They went to get some cheese pizza" I said
"Yay my favourite" she says. I smile and so does she. We talk for a while. Then it just falls into silence.
"Lucas I'm scared of what my father might do" she said. I picked her up and put her on my lap. She straddle me.
"There is nothing to worry about. I won't let him do anything to you and I definitely won't let him take you" I said
"I know. I wanna stay with you no matter what" she said. We kissed.
"I love you" I said
"I love you too" she said. We kissed again. It turned into a make out. But we pulled apart when the door opened. I was expecting Riley and farkle to be at the door not..........
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors note:
Dun dun daaaaa. Who is at the door? Why is he or she here? How is he or she here? What does he or she want?
Here's a multiple choice question: who is at the door?
A: Katy hart(Maya's mom)
B: Mr and Mrs Matthews
C: Shawn
D: a flying unicorn that farts rainbows
E: everyone but A
Tell me what you think in the comments. You guys are awesome! I know thanksgiving was yesterday but I'm thankful for all of you guys. It makes me so happy to know that people enjoy my books!
Bye