Chapter Seven: Fallen

"Um..." Ink said.

"You're not seeing things, Ink," Dream said, bewildered.

Error was humming and skipping as he destroyed.

"Did... he... have sex?" Ink asked the horrifying question.

Error stopped, and went quiet as mismatched eyes landed on them like laser points.

"You're both dead to me," Error grumbled, and attacked.

Amusingly enough, the happiness was because he got to hang with Palette for a few days.

OoOoO

Goth grumbled death threats under his breath as he slipped into another AU. Since this AU already had a Goth- it was a Naj AU, actually- he'd had to dress differently. He wore a dark grey tank tap, and an oversized black sweatshirt with a large hood that he had down to hide his face. He also wore a rather nice pair of blue jeans, and his usual boots he wore when not Error.

He really should have checked here first, as Naj AU's coding were weird and couldn't really be scanned properly.

Thankfully, they rarely became corrupted or needed patches, and Ink rarely made more, as they were difficult to code properly. He'd only ever had to destroy two copies... wow, that was low.

He sighed as the loud sounds of a switch came to him, he turned and stared at the figure playing on said Switch while sitting on a nearby bench.

"And you, go back to your own multiverse... why do the admins let you go anywhere you want anyway?" Goth said, annoyed.

The figure giggled.

"Have fun," Shell said waving as Goth walked away.

"You were right, this is funny," Shell said to the person who just sat next to him.

"We better head home before he comes back," Retconned said with a smirk. A small hedgehog made of flames giggled from the top of his head, and a small dragon purred with laughter from inside his hood.

A Temmie with a ragged ear cackled under the bench, this was almost as fun as Skittles.

OoOoO

Goth was in a library. Why did he always end up in libraries?

"Shades..."

Goth froze.

"Searcher?" he asked, bewildered, and everything went grey, the world seeming to swim around him in a swirl of images and pain.

Searcher was in trouble, and he had had no idea how to get there.

"It's not real, Searcher! Hang on... I'll get there somehow," Goth cried across multiverses.

Something caught him.

He hadn't been aware he'd been falling.

"Don't worry kid, I got this," a familiar voice said.

"Thanks, Shell," Goth said, promptly passing out.

OoOoO

Nothing.

Of course he was having no luck finding anything.

Looks like he would have to do a full scan, and hope for a trace.

He rubbed his temples quietly, stressed out. He hoped Searcher was okay, as after Shell had caught him, there had been no more feedback from his other half.

He hoped everything was okay in the other's Multiverse.

Sighing, Goth settled against the great truck of a huge tree, careful to keep his clothing between it and his body. He really didn't want to suck the life out if it. And this forest was beautiful.

In ways he was lucky, his true body was still growing into his Death God powers, so he could still touch things without killing them. Mind you, now that his true self was unlocked again, the power was growing.

One day, he wouldn't be able to touch anyone but his family.

Even Palette might not be strong enough by then to keep his power from effecting him.

'My thoughts are going depressing directions,' he thought sadly, and moved to the side a bit to get up.

It was that chance movement which kept a brilliant flare of white hot magic from crashing into him.

The tree wasn't too lucky, and went crashing down in flames.

Goth rolled away from the attack, slipping to his feet so fast that he left grooves in the moss covered ground.

"Where?" he asked, not spotting the attacker.

The ground rumbled, and his single purple eye light grew large as fissures of that same energy covered the ground.

He fled, too freaked to teleport or portal.

The world exploded.

Then he was falling backwards, into darkness.

Fragments of dirt, rock and trees around him.

The shock of hitting freezing cold water snapped him back to action.

Moments later, he climbed out of the water, and used his magic to squeeze the moisture from his clothing.

Then he paused. It should be pitch black this far below... but he could see fine. Quickly, he looked around and blinked. A building that could only be called a temple stood there, glowing with the same magic that had attacked him.

He could tell that there was something wrong with its magic, it felt off.

Then he felt it, a familiar magic nearby... but it was faint, barely recognizable.

Quickly, he ran over and up the temple's stairs, and at the top was a what appeared to be half of a soul.

That was when it was grabbed by a wickedly laughing thing.

Of course... what temple didn't have a temple guardian?!