Chapter Twenty-One: Hourglass

He hurt.

That was the first thing Goth came aware of.

His bruises had bruises.

His head was a dull ache, his last memory was of trading high fives with Searcher?

Yes... that was it.

He moaned a bit as he woke, as apparently near the end of the fight he had hurt his ankle. He'd have to use healing magic on it, once he was awake enough that is.

"Gothy....?" soft voice asked.

"Pally, where are we?" he asked his head still a foggy mess.

"Searchers mom appeared after an.. incident, and took us home with them," Palette replied.

"Incident?" Goth asked confused.

"Somehow you two fused into one, someone called Umbra appeared and separated you too but you were unconscious,"Palette explained.

"More weirdness," he sighed, blinking as the world finally came into focus.

He sat up with a wince, making a face when he noticed he'd need to change clothing as these ones were toasted.

"Here," Palette said smiling, as he began to heal the smaller skeleton. Goth gave a sigh of relief as the pain faded, even more when his ankle was tended to.

"I should get changed..." he said ruefully "I see your wearing fresh clothing."

"Yup, Seekers clothing he left here fits me fine," Palette said cheerfully.

"Good," Goth said, pulling clothing from his item pocket.

"I'll see you outside Searchers room," Palette said kissing his forehead, and left a blushing Goth behind.

"Not my usual," Goth said looking at the clothing, his mama had grabbed his clothing to wash just before he and Palette had been pulled over.

He pulled on the overlarge grey hoody with cat ears, grey-black faded jeans and a pair of ratty white sneakers. Right... he needed to buy new sneakers, as the Guardian had damaged his usual ones.

As he was about to leave he paused, and stared at some items that were not really well hidden.

"What's with all the cat plushies?" he said curiously, then left the room.

"Searcher is in the master bedroom," Palette said, Goth nodded glad to see the house had the same one as back home.. which he should have expected.

Opening the door and walking in he paused, and broke out laughing.

Searcher was covered in his siblings, but that wasn't the funny part.

Someone had taped his mouth shut with duct tape.

OoOoO

Searcher glared at the laughing Shades, he would have crossed his arms over his chest, but they were full of his Siblings. He looked at his Mom.

"You have two more minutes before you can remove the duck tape Gothy." Geno told him, even as Lotus snickered.

"Sorry Searcher, it was just too funny." Shade said.

"Our Mr.Geno did threaten to do that too through." Truth chirped, Shades nodded as he quickly took some pictures of the puppy pile of kids, with Searcher as the bone.

Searcher's siblings giggled, apart from Sorell, who clapped her hands. "Happy! Happy!"

Shades's eyes went to Sorell, making sure not to react on how much it hurt to see the tiny baby bones. A baby bones who would have been born just before they were taken, his Sorell.. never even got that.