Chapter Twenty-Three: In Moment before...

"Think Think..." Umbra demanded of himself, walking back and forth his jacket swishing at his agitated walking. He had retreated to the void taking Solas with him, really not wanting to be anywhere but a place he was secure from everything.

Over time the void core had become a rather lovely place, a black sky with false stars. Black Sandy floors that somehow seemed to look as if they were slowly swirling to the middle of the area to a black hole.

Till you got closer, to discover a rather large bed that was comfy as heck.

That was where Solas was at the moment, deeply sleeping all his white standing out quite well in the darkness here. Oh he had other furniture and items, but they would be invisible to others unless he allowed them to see and interact with them.

So far he only allowed Solas access to everything, as he didn't have other guests other then his tiny counterpart.

And no matter how Solas asked, he was not turning his black abyssal into a temple so he could be an official Guardian like Solas.

And he did not need a throne.

It had been six hours since his past self had gone back in time, six hours since the time loop had closed.

He tried not to hyperventilate in panic, as that would scare Solas.

Six hours since Fate had released his blocked memories, and he realized he'd lost allooot more memories then he thought he had.

The worse part he understood why the Fates had done so, so there would be no issue of paradox till he closed the time loop.

Yet it was annoying, as he realized there was a clear divide between himself and the personality of Shades.

"Great, I now have a split personality due to this," he scowled the gold of his eyelights blazing and wasn't that funny still to have two eyelights, he rubbed his temples.

He also still could not take on any form then this, so no Error or Shades form.

Fates hands were still on him too tightly.

Umbra wanted to go home to his mama and papa.

His soul hurt...

Sighing he walked to the bed and slipped out of his clothing, he smiled as Solas cuddled against in his sleep.

He missed home, but he would miss this also in the end.

How much of Solas and himself would remain at the end?

OoOoO

Waking up was annoying.

He's wanted to sleep longer.

Not that either Solas or himself needed sleep, they liked it and sleeping refreshed there minds.

Just like they didn't need to sleep.

Or technically breath.

It got a bit weird, thank you Fate.

Not.

Gently he untangled Solas from him, the tiny skeleton was a cuddler in his sleep.

"I'll be right back," Umbra told Solas as he dressed, Solas would know even in sleep

He walked forwards shadows shifting around him, one second he was in the void core and the next he was in a familiar kitchen. He sat down in a chair, watching the Geno of Searchers side move around the counter.

"Everything is going to turn out okay in the end..." he finally said, feeling the unhappiness radiate off Geno.

Geno turned around to see Umbra. "Umbra... What do you mean by that?"