Chapter Twenty-Seven: Abyssal

Two figures walked down a hallway, their footsteps tapping on the black marble floor and polished obsidian walls. The only lights were the golden like runes on the ceiling. The doors that they passed were made out of black metal, but where they went, only the first figure knew.

This was a hallway made in the fragments between realities, hidden between the void and anti-void. It crossed both sides of the split Multiverse, and it was where Umbra's Vaults were.

Some vaults contained priceless gold, and others contained information and the codes of the surrounding Multiverses. There were a few that Umbra would show no one, not even Solas or Searcher, because they contained things so dangerous that Fate commanded them to be sealed.

Yet where Umbra was going, was not to a Vault, but to a place where two sealed rooms lay.

Each room was where he would place the Ink's when they were grounded.

Not that anyone would be able to find the hidden rooms without him, as this was just one of the thousands of hallways in this place.

It was a twisting maze that even gave him trouble sometimes. There was one white hallway in the entire network, the one that he would not go to, unless he was called.

That was a hallway that led to an audience chamber for Fate.

And while he was no longer truly bound to Fate as the Final Guardian of Shadows, he knew he still had a duty to safeguard this ever growing network.

As they went around a corner, he caught sight of Searcher, who had wanted to see the place Ink feared because of his groundings.

He had asked if Searcher and Solas had wanted to come with him, and they had agreed.

But sadly, Searcher had to be in control, as the shadows where too strong for Solas to even appear as a ghost here.

He hoped that it would be the final time that he went to this place, and if everything worked, his duty as the Error and Destroyer would be over.

He had no idea how he'd kill off the Error, to make people stop seeking that alter ego.

"This is the room." Umbra said, turning towards his other self.

"It's a shame that Dad had to go and quickly catch up on his Reaping Duties." Searcher had his hands behind his head, his Dad had dropped them off at the closest AU to the Void Core before he had to go and reap some stray Souls. "But still, I can't believe that we are so close to the end of this journey..."

"True, I cannot wait to go home... I am very tired of being Umbra all the time and I wish to sleep, and unless its an emergency, I doubt that you'll see this version of myself." Umbra replied, he turned back to the door and he ran a hand down its center. Glowing runes appeared and the door gave a click.

With a yawn, Umbra pushed the door open, and the room beyond it was revealed to be a very nice medium size room, with beige walls, with a open kitchen, and a door that led to a bathroom. There was a bed with a multi colored bed set, and a bookcase full of books.

But what caught one's attention was the super long desk and black desk chair, and sitting on the chair, facing away from them, was the Ink of Shades's Multiverse, filing what looked like an endless amount of paperwork.

Searcher snickered, before he burst out into laughter, leaning against the doorway.

This caught the Ink's attention.

"Umbra, is it over?" He asked hopefully.

"Yup, let's get you home kiddo." Umbra said, with his smirk hidden behind his scarf.