Chapter Twenty-Four: The Light Temple

Umbra clenched his hands into fists, frustration that he couldn't interfere.

Fear was making there way through the temple.

He could feel Seeker was safe now, hurt but safe.

He'd almost lost track of Searcher in his Error form, sure he'd be able to retrieve him from the Void... but only after he put him back together.

But that was very painful.

Thankful that wasn't the case, Searcher had only landed at Solas secret entrance.

He gave a chuckle.

At least that entrance was better then the maze...

Kinda.

OoOoO

Solas tilted his head, his body a blaze of light.

Someone was by his secret entrance.

He could also feel the steps of Fear in the many corridors of the master maze his temple contained.

"Big brother?" he asked, feeling as if the being by the doors was important.

Umbra couldn't speak as fate had him stationed to watch, but he felt the others magic hug him.

His decision then.

Smiling, he signalled his secret door to open.

Then relaxed, either way it would be awhile till either contender arrived.

OoOoO

Fear swore angrily at another dead end, the Temple didn't look so big from the outside.

But what made this worse, was that this Temple stunk of Fate's little Toy Umbra... That meant Fate was watching him through Umbra and her power kept him from using the shortcut of blasting through the walls.

"I'm going to find a way to kill that freaking Shadow dog of yours Fate." Fear snarled as a spike trap almost got him.

OoOoO

Umbra watched.

He watched Solas.

He watched Fear.

He watched Searcher.

He even watcher Seeker outside the temple.

All he saw the Fates saw.

Yet... Searcher was near his breaking point.

"Fate... may I help him along?" Umbra whispered t the one that held him in chains.

He felt relief, he got a yes.. but he'd still have to watch.

His right eyelight vanished.

Part of himself was here was watching, but part of him moved in a ghostly shape of his true self to Searcher.

"You can do this Searcher." Umbra.. no the shade of Shades said.

"Shades?" Searcher said hopefully.

"You're so close to the end." Shades said. "Come on Ser. This is the last Temple. The last Guardian. You can do this. You're almost there! Come on Ser, we made a promise to go home together, right?"

Umbra shivered as his right eyelight reappeared, sending any part of himself out in that shadowy ghost state was not a good feeling.

"Good luck Searcher... keep moving ever forward," Umbra whispered.