Chapter Twenty-Six: When Gods Fall

Umbra lay on his bed fully dressed.

He saw no reason to undress and crawl under the covers, he was alone again.

Solas was gone...

Back to the soul he belonged to.

If anything remained of his little light he didn't know.

He could talk to his other self Shades, but that was literally just talking to himself the original aspect and the aspect of Error slept having no reason to wake.

"Will I be free soon Fates?" he asked his voice dead.

We will be see

He lay there tears coming down his face.

He wanted to go home.

To his family, to Palette, to Searcher, to Nightmare and the gang.

He wanted to hug his siblings as Shades again, he wanted to meet his parents as Umbra and know them as Umbra too...

Not just the random encounters in the past.

His soul hurt when he found Solas Kitty puppet.

Sobbing quietly he fell asleep.

OoOoO

Umbra woke with a start, slowly he stat up.

"For a moment... I thought I felt Solas... what a dream," he said bitterly.

He climbed off the bed and cleaned up, while he wasn't allowed to interfere with anything he could still wonder about,

Moments later the void core was empty.

OoOoO

"Oh... this place..." Umbra said, in his wondering he'd come to the Fire temple.

"This place looked ruined," a voice said, turning he saw a robed figure wondering the ruined temple.

'And a ghost too' he thought amused, seeing something flickering into his visible range then out.

He felt a nudge from the nicer Fate.

"Hello Traveller," he greeted, the information of this monster given to him by fate.

"Oh.. ah..." the monster said turning, a single purple eyelight looked up at him the other hidden by an eyepatch.

"I'm Umbra," he told him.

"Traveller" he said "did you know time around your multiverse is really weird"

"There was a time loop involved," he explained.

"That explains it, I think I met two people from this weird split multiverse at the library so I was a bit curious," Traveller explained.

"Just be careful when you leave, or you'll end up in the wrong time outside this multiverse. Its best you go, things are getting to there conclusion," he told the Traveller.

"Probably best, the codes don't fit our code enough for us to stay long," Traveller said.

"Good luck traveller," Umbra said.

"Hopefully I don't end in that weird sinverse again," Traveller muttered, and vanished.

"Sinverse..." Umbra said with a strange look on his face.

The Fates cackled.

"Whyyyyyyyyy..." he cried.

Good fate giggled.