4| Speaking of good looking

"TELL ME ABOUT my new kids." Bombay said as the entire ducks hockey team stood on the ice with him.

Nova was snickering about something Charlie had said as she stood between, but slightly in front, of him and Adam. Connie stood beside her with Guy on her other side while Averman was behind them both.

As Nova looked ahead, she saw a group of five kids- one of which was a girl. November and Connie exchanged excited glances a before looking back up as Don Tibbles started to talk.

"that's Luis Mendoza," Tibbles said, pointing to a relatively attractive latino boy with a blue jersey, "he's from our Miami club. A real speedster"

the ducks watched intently as Luis put on his helmet and began skating around- Catching Connie Moreau's eye.

"he's a real looker.." Connie whispered to Nova as she watched Luis. Adam and Charlie rolled their eyes while November scrunched up her nose and looked in Connie's direction as if saying he was just alright.

The girl, unlike her best friend, was much too busy listening into Tibbles and Bombay's conversation about how Luis could skate blue line to blue line in 1.9 seconds. Besides, the boy didn't catch her eye much.

Nova watched as he skated around beautifully before tilting in his side and skating around his hand that was placed on the ice.

"he's quite a good skater.." Nova said to Connie with a nod.

"More like good looking skater" Connie added, not taking her eyes off of him.

"Very good looking," Averman piped up, "what do you think, Guy?"

Nova watched as Guy rolled his eyes and mumbled 'shut up Averman' under his breath before shoving the ginger down to the ice.

Nova snorted and turned to look the other way, over to Adam. He looked down at her before lowering to her level, right at her ear.

"attractive guy," Adam whispered, "don't you think?"

Nova turned her head and looked at him, being taken aback slightly at the close proximity of their faces. "nah, he's alright.." She whispered, "didn't quite catch my eye, though.."

Connie snickered and scoffed as she eavesdropped on the two and joined their conversation. "two things.." Connie said as she joined in, "that boy is mighty attractive- just saying.. but he's really going to need some breaks"

November furrowed eyebrows before looking forwards and seeing him on the ground whilst all the new players helped him up. Nova couldn't help but laugh as she turned back to Connie.

"i don't find him super good looking" Nova shrugged

Connie rolled her eyes and looked to Adam for support but the boy just cocked his head sideways as if agreeing with Nova. "just look at him," Connie began, "he's quite good looking- not as good looking a Guy... but good looking"

Nova rolled her eyes playfully and opened her mouth to speak before she was interrupted by an obnoxious cheer.

"yeehaw!" A cowboy like voice called out, "how is everyone? y'all ready to play some puck!?"

Adam watched Nova snapped her attention forward instantly. He saw a smile creep onto her face as she lifted her head ever so slightly and smirked to herself.

"speaking of good looking.." Nova trailed off, keeping her eyes glued onto the new player who had just thrown a cowboy hat to the wall and replace it with a helmet.

"hey look it's hop-along Gretzky" Jesse snickered.

Adam shrugged it off and furrowed his eyebrows, exchanging knowing glances with Charlie, Guy and Connie.