35| I'm sorry..

NOVEMBER LET OUT A raspy breath as she paced back and forth in front of the ducks locker room waiting for Adam to exit.

Her hands were shaking and she couldn't keep still.

"Nova relax, you'll be fine..." Connie reassured the girl as she kept her best friend company while waiting for the boys to exit. "You already said you want to stay right?"

Nova ran a hand through her hair and sighed. "I don't know Connie... I mean... you and the guys were right... this opportunity is literally a dream come true- and I can always call anytime and visit and-"

Connie's eyes widened as she looked in the direction of the locker room door, seeing Charlie and Guy whispering to Adam about something. November furrowed her eyebrows before grabbing Nova's shoulders and turning her to face him. She gulped before Connie pushed her in the direction the boys were.

Charlie gave Adam a pat on the back before smirking and walking to Connie with Guy.

November kept her eyes glued on the ground as she stood in front of Adam.

"So do you want to go first or do you want me to go first..." Adam asked

Nova glanced up at him with a nervous and slightly sorrow look in her eye. "Well how important is yours?"

Adam chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck, "pretty important but whatever is important to you can go first"

Nova slightly pouted and sighed. "Are you sure..."

Adam nodded before dropping his expression to a sadder one. He looked at Nova with furrowed eyebrows, taking her chin and moving her gaze to his eyes. "What's up? Are you okay?"

"I'm sorry for not telling you..." was the first thing she whispered out

She rubbed her upper left arm with her right hand nervously as Adam gave her a worried look.

"What-"

"I got a scholarship..." November instantly said, looking at Adam's reaction. However, the boy didn't do anything except stare at her.

"Alright-"

"In England." She blurted

Suddenly, Adam's face dropped and he backed away from her slightly with his eyebrows furrowed. His face was truly unreadable.

"M-me and Dani were playing soccer for fun the day you got your wrist checked up and some scouts were watching and they offered us full scholarships for their school..."

Adam's mouth as slightly agape as he just stared down at November with an unreadable expression. Nova swallowed the lump in her throat and glanced up at him in worry.

"Please say something..." she whispered.

Adam closed his eyes and shook his head slowly as if he had heard too much to process. "I- why didn't you tell me..."

Nova looked down and shrugged. "I was scared to.."

"But why?" He said with a slight voice crack. November had a feeling he was nearly about to cry and the girl couldn't face to look up at him. "I'm supposed to be your best friend... you're supposed to tell me stuff like this"

November felt tears form as she heard his hurt laced voice. She whimpered slightly and closed her eyes so he wouldn't see her crying.

"I'm sorry.." she whispered

Adam swallowed the lump in his throat before he looked away. His gaze fell onto the ice rink that was nearest to where they were.

"Well are you going?" He asked, finally looking back at her after some silence