Second Chance

In the morning all of them were shifted to a cottage two streets away from the place the rogue was held.

Lan Zhan was very excited but he tried to control it, because even though he was a small kid, his Uncle's teachings had been engraved in his small brain.

He asked Lan Xichen "Big Brother are we going home?" "No, Lan Zhan, we'll be here for a few days. We have to help the villagers in defeating a bad guy."

Lan Xichen told and made it seem like they were vanquishing a great evil, so that the kid will be happy and not demand to go back to Cloud Recesses.

After they had settled down, Jiang Cheng had gone to hunt in the nearby village and the two disciples were guarding the rogue, so he doesn't try to escape. Wei Ying and Lan Xichen were in the cottage taking care of Lan Zhan.

Lan Zhan wanted to explore the lavender fields near the cottage. It was a very pretty sight and he had always loved nature. He requested them to take him into the fields.

Wei Ying was worried to take him outside even though he knew nothing bad will happen in the fields. Lan Xichen was reasonable and agreed to take him there. So the three set out to explore the fields.

"Look, Big Brother, Wei Ying, look, ohhh the flowers are so beautiful and the smell is also very nice

"Look, Big Brother, Wei Ying, look, ohhh the flowers are so beautiful and the smell is also very nice. Do you think there will be rabbits here? Can we play with them?"

He was extremely eager and forgot all about propriety and pulled at their hands. He couldn't contain his excitement, because he has only seen snow and white.

Adult Lan Zhan has seen these before, but for the kid it was like seeing it for the first time.

When they reached the field, he started to run forward and Wei Ying's heart dropped the moment Lan Zhan left his hand.

He stretched his hand to catch him, but Lan Xichen stopped him, " Young Master Wei, don't worry, he'll be right in front of our eyes and he'll be safe."

Wei Ying scratched behind his neck and gave an embarrassed smile. "Sorry, it's just he's always been so strong and unbreakable and seeing him so small and vulnerable, I can't help but be scared for his safety. How are you so relaxed Brother Lan, I know you are also worried about him, then how can you not be scared?"

Lan Xichen gave a small smile and said, "I'm also worried about this curse but I can't help but be happy to see my brother so carefree after so long.

He grew up too quickly Young Master Wei, he never got to enjoy a childhood. I'm forever grateful to Uncle for raising us and teaching us cultivation, but he never understood what indulging a child is. And Wangji became a model student, so as to not trouble him or me.

I miss those moments when he used to play or just do things which gave him happiness. So if the rogue was true and this spell truly only will last for seven days, then I would be happy to give him this reprieve and let him enjoy this second chance at a happy childhood."