Path of Future -II part

Note: Haii friends, I know all of your are waiting for Adult Lan Zhan and I've finished the finale. It's ready. But before that this part is a retelling of what happened that night from Lan Zhan's pov.

Please have a little more patience. Sorry if you are disappointed that this isn't the finale.

Lan Zhan's sleep was distributed a bit when he felt Wei Ying breathe so rapidly. He could hear some voices but it was not so clear.

He was fully woken, when Wei Ying took a deep breath. He heard Wei Ying talking about making himself worthy of his friendship, but Lan Zhan was confused, wasn't Wei Ying already his friend.

Why would he consider himself unworthy.

Then Wei Ying said he'll show Lan Zhan life in a new way and he didn't understand how can he do that?

But he decided to trust him because he knows Wei Ying has many talents.

Then again he spoke of dying and it made Lan Zhan so sad. He was about to say don't talk like that, he will do whatever Wei Ying asks him to, but Jiang Cheng spoke before him.

He said what he wanted to say but said, that is because Wei Ying was annoying.

Lan Zhan wished to disagree with that. Wei Ying was not annoying and he would do what he asks because he is his best friend.

Now when he was thinking to say that , Wei Ying spoke up and said pretty much what he would have said that everyone likes Wei Ying.

Then Jiang Cheng spoke about beating him and Lan Zhan was very angry on him.

Why would he beat him, but he didn't sound mean, it was like he was joking.

Lan Zhan was confused, why would he joke about beating his brother, Lan Zhan would never say something like that to his Gege.

Then Jiang Cheng sounded sad and all his anger went away. First Wei Ying and now Jiang Cheng. Why are all sad?

He listened to what he was saying and Jiang Cheng was talking about the spell ending. Truth be told he had forgotten about that. Only now he remembered tomorrow he'll change back.

And Jiang Cheng was saying he'll forget his friendship with him and that pained him . He didn't want to forget anything that happened.

Now he understood what Wei Ying was talking about when he woke up. He didn't want to lose them.

He knows he doesn't talk much with anyone but the reason for doing so is because he is scared anyone he loves will be taken away from him like his Mother.

That's why he doesn't even show his Gege how much he loves him, what if he leaves him too.

Now Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng think he would forget their friendship or even if he remembers he'll not show it.

Because of him they are depressed. He can only make everyone sad. He tried so hard to keep his breathing normal and not to cry. He didn't want to make them more miserable than he already did.

As he was wallowing in self hate, he heard his brother speak. He didn't think he could bear it if his Gege was sad too because of him.

But what he heard instead was his Gege supporting him. He had understood why he behaves like that. And he is right, Lan Zhan would never hate them for taking care of him.

In fact he's thankful they accepted his young self and didn't make fun of him. His Brother was always telling him to make friends, but he didn't listen to him.

Looks like Gege has taken that into his own hands now. He's talking about plans, but what plans?

After his brother spoke all of them fell asleep. Only then did Lan Zhan dare to open his eyes. He felt tears clinging to his lids.

He never thought he would have someone else other than his brother worrying for him, trying to talk to him or missing him.

He felt guilty he didn't talk to Wei Ying before. He found him and his antics amusing and he knows his pranks are not malicious.

But his Uncle is very strict with rules and he thought if Wei Ying knows he likes them and accepts him as his friend, he'll do even more and his punishment will be increased.

That's why he never responded to Wei Ying's talks.

But he decided he wouldn't hurt them anymore by being cold towards them. He will be brave enough to let them into his life and heart.

But they do have a point, what if he forgets all this? What will he do then?

He knows himself, he'll go back to being silent, but he doesn't want that. He might start ignoring them once again.

Then he thought back to what they were speaking, he now understood what plans his brother was talking about.

They will be trying to make him accept their friendship, enjoy life outside of studies and cultivation. They won't let him lead a lonely life.

So he decided to trust in his brother and friends, that they will fulfill their promises.

Finally he succumbed to sleep believing he will have his brother and friends with him no matter what.

As he was already squashed by Wei Ying, his hand clutched at Wei Ying's shirt above his heart, looking like he held Wei Ying's heart.

Thank you for reading and reviewing. The final chapter will be up soon.

Love you all and please stay safe and healthy ❤️❤️🤗🤗