Selflessness

After enjoying in the fields, all of them returned to cottage and had food. Jiang Cheng also returned from his hunt and he was hurt a little, so Lan Xichen applied medicinal herbs on him.

Lan Zhan was very tired and Wei Ying had to feed him as he was very sleepy. He fell asleep halfway through, so Wei Ying tucked him into the bed.

Today Wei Ying was not restless. His heart felt full and happy, Lan Zhan's cute smiling face was in front of his eyes. That image was branded into his heart and mind.

He wanted to see that face forever. He would do anything for that smile. He already had a plan on what to do tomorrow and was planning to see Lan Zhan's happy face again.

The next morning, Wei Ying told Lan Xichen and Jiang Cheng that they would be going to a carnival in the nearby town. Lan Xichen was worried to go far but Wei Wuxian assured him that it will be fine and Lan Zhan would enjoy there. Lan Xichen accepted it, because they have never been to a carnival before.

This time Jiang Cheng too accompanied them as he did not want to be away from them. When Lan Zhan woke up, he could sense they were all excited about something and it made him eager too.

He asked his brother what is going on and Lan Xichen said it's a surprise. Even though he was very curious, he didn't make a fuss, because his Uncle has taught him to behave decently.

Wei Ying was amused to see Lan Zhan trying to hide his excitement and he wanted him to lose all his inhibitions and enjoy himself. When they arrived at the town, Wei Ying picked Lan Zhan and closed his eyes.

Lan Zhan was startled and exclaimed, "Wei Ying!" "Ahh, don't worry Lan Zhan, it's a surprise right, so wait for a few moments and you will see." Said Wei Ying with a cheeky smile. Lan Zhan huffed but he kept quiet and waited for Wei Ying to take off his palm.

When they reached the carnival entrance, Wei Ying slowly removed his hand and when Lan Zhan saw it, he gasped and his jaw dropped. There were so many people, young and old. There were many shops lined up with toys, food, clothes and there were games.

 There were many shops lined up with toys, food, clothes and there were games

He couldn't see everything but the place looked so vibrant and colorful.
He had never seen such a thing. Even adult Lan Wangji had only seen such crowd in a market. So he was extremely intrigued but also a little intimidated to be around so many people.

Wei Ying saw his hesitation, so placed his hand gently atop his small hand and said, "Don't worry Lan Zhan, I'll always be with you and make sure you don't get lost, okay?" Lan Zhan gave him a small smile and nodded his head.

Lan Xichen was also stunned, his face didn't show much but his eyes were roving all over the place and he too was excited to get inside.

He looked at his brother and both exchanged a grin and Jiang Cheng was astonished to see such childish curiosity and excitement in his always serene eyes. It was an amazing sight.