Chapter 30

Ty

I'm falling down after Ava, I see her frantic eyes, and she goes unconscious as her body comes into contact with the blunt force of the river. I begin to panic, I'm falling but not fast enough.

The water rushed up to meet me but her body has disappeared in the blackness of the river. I slide into the water easily, this is my terrain. I quickly look around, I don't see her anywhere. My eyes are made to see clearly in the water.

Why can't I see her.

A pale face comes into view, and I swim as fast as I can to reach her. She is hitting the rocks at the bottom of the river as the current pulls her. Suddenly something happens, it's as if the water has came to life as she is being almost carried up to me. As soon as she is close I grab her and feel something push me to the surface.

I break the surface, and take in a breath. The river flows through a canyon so I have no choice but to try to swim further away from where we entered. I lay my hand on her chest and I can feel the river water inside her chest. It calls to me, and I know if I don't get on land soon she won't make it. Though I am a perfect swimmer I'm still no closer to land.

I have to focus on my essence.

I pull something from deep within myself. It feels like the roars of the biggest waves.

I let my essence flow out into the river making the water around me push us quickly. Within a matter of moments I see a cave like space above us and make the water rise enough for us to reach the cave. I step onto the stone, and gently place Ava onto the stone.

I gently press on her chest, and feel the water react to my essence. I press my hands against her chest, and try to make you water come out.

I feel her twitch before I hear her coughing up water. She gasps for breath, and suddenly I feel the terror that I refused to feel when I saw her fall.

"Are you crazy?!" I nearly shout, I pull her into my arms, I can feel my wet blonde hair drying itself and soon my body is dry too.

She lays her head against me, and I can feel her crying. I instantly feel bad for being angry,  and I try to calm her down.

"What's wrong Avalee?" I ask quietly, she begins to sob.

"I took my brothers life... that's why I am so messed up.. he was dying when he was born and when we touched I took his essence.." she continues to cry. "His name was going to be Lee..."

I press a hand against her temple to be reassuring but to also understand why she is so upset.

I can see the conversation she had with her father, but I can also see the hidden memories from when she was born.

Her essence was the essence of life, and her brothers was of death.. he died after he touched her giving her his essence and his pain.

Before I can exit the memory I see Aiden grab her and hide. And then I see them link.

But even after I feel my heart break a little I hear something.

"She killed my son.. she touch him and took his life away.. I'm going to kill her!" I hear a woman yell.

"She didn't kill anyone! He was already dying! You will not touch her!" Another woman yells, and I recognize the voice.

Fatalia

"He lives on in our daughter, how could you even think about killing her.. she is our daughter too.. Lee was not the only child we had!" A male voice booms. It's the king.

Soon I see him come into view and he notices Aiden's face as he looks at Ava.

"You will not touch our daughter, you will kill more than just her and our son if you ever try.." he says almost to himself.

Aiden's other comes into view.

"They are linked?!" She sounds shocked.

"Perfect.. now my daughter will be linked to the whore of Terra's son.. poor Bastard." I hear Ava's mother say.

I hear a slap.

"You will never say those words again. You are only jealous because she won the man of the heart you wanted! As for your daughter, you will only see her while supervised.. Shall you try to hurt her, and I will kill you.." I hear Fatalia say.

I am dragged out of the memory as I feel Ava touch my face.

"Ty what's wrong?" She says, her face red from tears.

"You didn't kill your brother Ava, he lives inside of you.." I say, and the realization hits her.

"They named you Avalee to memorialize your brother in your name.. they never blamed you.." I say quietly, gently rubbing my thumb against her face.

Before either of us can say anything we see a rope fall past the entrance of the cave.

I stand, and tug on the rope it doesn't budge.

"Come here princess, you will have to hold on very tightly or else we will be swimming again." I try to make light of the situation.

She begins to try to stand but yelps and falls back to the stone floor, I run to her side.

"I think one of my ribs are broke.." she huffs, clearly in pain.

"Ok you won't like me for like ten minutes after I do this.." I say quickly placing my hand over her ribs. I find the fractured on, and let my essence quickly heal her. It takes a few minutes but I hear a yelp and then the rib is healed.

I pick her up and she clings to me, and soon we are climbing up the rope.

It takes a while to make it to the top, but we finally make it.

And we are met with a very furious Eric and Aiden.