Chapter 13

"Ava, it was just a dream.." a voice said in to my ear soothing me instantly. I felt a gentle hand wipe tears away from my cheeks. I brought my hand up over the one on my cheek.

"Don't leave me.." I choked out, opening my eyes long enough to see Ty's crystal blue eye's.

He didn't question me as he slipped into the bed beside me. He pulled me against his chest, he smelled of a fresh spring.

"Why did you do that?" He asked softly.

"What do you mean?" I responded unsure of his random question.

"Why did you choose your self?"

"Um.. I'm confused.." I started before he cut me off.

"I saw your dream.. you had three of us to sacrifice. . But you chose to sacrifice yourself?" His eyes were searching mine.

"I'm not sure.. I realize that, I have to make sacrifices. People shouldn't die because of me, nor will I force them too.." Ty looked down, his eyes were full of thought.

"Ava, I have known about you since I saw my first vision... it was of you.. and me... you were in front of a house.. Fatalia had brought me to your world to show me the way humans lived and that's when I saw you playing by yourself.. but the vision ended when I saw a woman hiding beside the house.. She looked like you.. When the vision ended I told Fatalia... She had already planned a trip for my 8th birthday, to take me to see the human world so I knew what to look for when I had to take care of a trespasser." He took a deep breath and shivered slightly before continuing. "She took me to your house first.. I saw you, I wanted to go to you and talk to you and be your friend, but Fatalia told me why your father had you in the human world. And why I couldn't let you see me. That's when we saw her.. She was watching you from around the house. She stood there for a while, before she turned to someone behind her. It was a boy.. I later came to know him to be Eric.. He went with your mother and his father when she tried to over run your father.. She sent him out that day to talk to you.. but you ran away from him into the house.. She was enraged at him when he didn't walk back to her with you, she left but not before she noticed me.."

"Noticed you?"

"She saw me, Fatalia had cloaked herself but had not enough time to cloak me before Scarlet seen me.. She knew I was from Terra, she knew why I was there.. so she took her chance.. I almost died that day.. She had no mercy, although I was a child.. Fatalia couldn't do anything, she would have put the whole tribe at risk if she had stepped in... Scarlet made it clear to me that I must stay away from you. But that only made me want to stay with you to keep you safe.. Ava I don't expect you to understand.. but I have been tied to you since that first vision.. and even if you don't choose me in person I will always protect you.. I will be the shadow that keeps you safe, it is my duty and I have the scars to prove it.." he said trembling, I looked up from his chest and caught the glint of the fresh tears on his cheeks.

"Let me see your scars.. please.." I whispered. I sat up, he looked unsure at me before standing and pulling the thin tshirt he wore over his head. My eyes went wide and a blush crept up my neck to my cheeks. He was so perfect, the shimmer on his skin defined his form so well.

My eyes fell to an area on his chest that's shimmer was dull. I stood up placing my hand on the area. It felt like a scar, I looked up at him. His eyes were distant.

"That's not the worst.."

I walked around to see his back and all the air left my lungs.

On the skin of his back were jagged scars forming three words.

I slowly read them, and by the end my blood ran cold.

Death awaits you

"Ty I won't let her hurt you. I won't let her hurt anyone else, get me to my father and I will end this." something had switched inside me, something dark and deadly.

"I will stand by you always.." he said turning around to meet my eyes. "Even if it kills me.."

And at that moment I don't know why, or what brought him to do it.

But he brought his lips crashing down to mine.

I gasped, shocked by the sudden action.

In a quick movement he pulled me to the bed where I was lying on top of him, his lips against mine, and a desire growing deep inside me that wanted so much more. I tangled my fingers in his hair and that seemed to make him roll me over on my back. He climbed over me, looking down directly into my eyes.

He leaned down placing soft kisses on the tender spot of my throat making a moan escape my lips.

"We can't do this.." I mumbled against his hair though he didn't stop.

"I know.. I- I just can't stop it though.. AvaLee.. it feels like you are what I have been missing all my life.." he whispered. I pulled his face up to meet mine, his eyes were smoldering.

"Ty, promise me a tomorrow.. but right now I can't do this.. I'm sorry.." I choked out tears stinging my eyes.

"Ava, I promise you that my life is yours no matter what path you choose.." he said gently caressing my cheek with his finger tips.

And that is when I lost it, tears flowed down my cheeks. Sobs racked my body causing me to shake violently as every thing that had happened over the last few days came crashing down.

Ty lay dawn beside me pulling me into his arms, as I cried myself to sleep.