five days.

trigger warning: (very light/brief) implied mention of potential suicide and depression.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

┊┊┊ ❁ཻུ۪۪ ━ ❝ ✧

┊┊┊ ❝ i don't want you to

┊┊⋆ do anything to yourself

⇢˚⋆ ✎ ˎˊ- five days left to live.

⁺    ˚ . *     ✦ .  ⁺   .     ⁺

"I DONT THINK IM GETTING THE VIBES YOU WANT ME TO GET." hitoshi said as he stared up at the clouds in the sky, watching them form and merge together as they moved with the rotation of the earth.

y/n sighed, "yeah, i know. the grass is too itchy." she concluded, sitting up and flicking away the green blades. "i was hoping we could have a moment like one of those movies. we lay on the grass and talk about our hopes and dreams, the fears of growing up and the end of the world. don't we give off those kind of vibes? it's cute."

the girl rolled onto her stomach, propping her face up with her hands and elbows on the grass of her backyard, near hitoshi, who turned his head toward y/n. he smiled. "sure, y/n."

"hitoshi, kiss me!" y/n poked out her lips, awaiting those that belonged to the purple haired insomniac.

"no."

"oh, come on!" y/n sighed. "i get one time without knowing it's my last!" she wiped away a fake tear for dramatics.

"it wasn't your last... ive already told you, y/n." the boy sighed, keeping his gaze at the sky. "i want to get to know each other more. it's only been a little over a week. i wanna know who you are from experience. like you said before, what do you like? what are the little things you cherish? your fears and hopes and dreams?"

"hm... well, you already know what i like- obviously, your lips! i cherish... the feeling of your lips on mine... i fear that i won't ever get to kiss you again... i hope that i will get to kiss you again... and i dream of sharing another kiss with you!" y/n grinned cheekily, and hitoshi narrowed his eyes at the playful girl.

the cute purple sleepyhead sighed and sat up, crossing his legs and facing his friend. "y/n... i don't want to rush this. i mean, what is the rush, anyway?"

"well, i mean... there isn't any, i guess. but... why wait?"

"we have like, all the time in the world,"

"but, do we?"

"why wouldn't we?" hitoshi tilted his head, now curiously focused as he awaited the girl's response.

"death is a thing, you know..."

"what, do you plan on dying soon?" the purple haired insomniac narrowed his eyes at the girl, watching closely as she jumped from the sudden question, as if he was waiting to ask her this.

"uhm," y/n quickly tried backing herself out of the situation, rubbing the back of her neck. "no, i just-"

"is there something you're not telling me? are you worried about it? if you're in trouble, tell me. you're always bringing this topic up and then brush it off like nothing." hitoshi looked down into his lap, playing with his fingers. "i really like you and your company and i want you to stay by my side. but at the same time... it's like you plan on leaving me so soon, y/n. i feel like part of you has already left... like you're rushing everything because you've already planned that one day soon, you're just going to leave everything behind... y/n, are you okay?"

that was true. he caught on quickly- or maybe y/n made it too obvious. she couldn't help it. it was all that had been on her mind and she couldn't stop the words from spilling out of her lips.

tell him. y/n internally argued with herself, urging herself to utter the words, tell him everything that was going on with her, how much time she had left because he deserved to know. he had the right to know and holding it from him would only cause the boy more pain. so much more pain. or maybe it was herself that would be in more pain if she did tell him now?

who exactly was she protecting?

her thoughts were interrupted by large, rough hands on her face, and her eyes flickered over to hitoshi's. he was wiping her cheeks, was she crying? y/n blinked and her vision blurred with a fresh pool of tears, their trip being stopped short by her friend's fingers.

"i... i don't want you to do anything to yourself..." hitoshi said quietly.

realization hit y/n at those words and she shook her head, "oh- no, hitoshi... that's not what's going on with me, i promise." she cleared it up. "if i was feeling that way, i would tell you immediately."

it looked like a wave of relief flooded over the boy's face and he sighed thankfully, "oh, thank goodness... but, what is it, then? do you not want to tell me? i get it..."

"it's just... complicated." y/n concluded. "and you're the only thing in my life that isn't complicated. but i get worried because im afraid that soon, that'll change..."

"i don't see why it would?"

"because my quirk. i feel like my life is on hold because of it. and i don't know what to do. i can't get away from my quirk... like the only thing that saves me from that hideous monster is you. and eventually, that will change. you can't always be there to save me. my quirk... it just can't be that way..."

y/n was aware she probably sounded stupid, her thoughts were all over the place and she couldn't even get her words out properly.

"i'll always find a way to save you."

y/n laughed, scanning the expression on his face and noticing the creases of determination. she sighed, "you're serious?"

"of course i am." hitoshi frowned. "what kind of hero would i be if i couldn't save you from your own quirk?"

"hitoshi, i can't be saved." y/n said, looking down to avoid the boy's intense stare of determination. but her head was lifted by her chin, and her heart rate increased when she felt the feeling of hitoshi's lips on hers- something she'd been longing for since last time he kissed her. he leaned his forehead against y/n's, thumb brushing against the side of her s/c face, then brought his hand down to hers, hooking his large pinky finger around her smaller one, hearing y/n laugh a little. hitoshi firmly squeezed her finger.

"i will save you." he said quietly. "i promise."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃