make some friends

I sit there not even looking at anyone as I doddle on my book that was given to me. "We're gonna have to give those back later you know." Another voice disturbs me. Why can't people just LEAVE ME ALONE. I look up to see a guy I haven't seen before. Hmm. "Sucks there getting it back like this then huh?" I say giving some attitude. "Attitude already?" He says raising a brow. "Me? Attitude? Never." I say being sarcastic as a chuckle escapes his mouth. "Jospeh." He says making me turn my attention to him, "Mae." I say.

I slightly giggle at the fact he was so cool about my attitude. Most guys would be such assholes and dicks about everything. We exchange socials before I look up and catch this guy staring at me. He immediately turns away as soon as he's caught. What's his name again? A- ale- Alejandro... right? Has to be, he followed me yesterday. Okay weirdo.

I end up focusing on the teacher the rest of the period as it goes by quickly. I say bye to Joseph walking out of class and onto the next.

Walking in I did the same thing of course but got seated in the front. You're kidding me... fucking HATE this school dude.

This teacher seems like he really does not care since most the students are literally asleep and he's teaching like... five kids lmao. I'm completely over this whole presentation he had going so of course I went to the bathroom. As I roamed the hallways admiring every inch of details around the school I hear laughs come from the side. Damn maybe I should turn around already... and go back to class? Nvm. I continue walking and of course it's Alejandro and his friend that is walking around. Me and ale exchange looks before I walk past him like nothing and continue on my journey to explore this school.

SKIP TO LUNCH

I leave my class and head to lunch of course. Taylor them has invited me once again to sit with them. I get some snacks and just sit as I listen to the tea. "Yup they are definitely talking." Aliyah says making vics expression drop. "It's fine already. Who needs boys. I'm done with him." She says putting on her glasses. "YESS!" Jenna says as they high five each other. "Damn these boys really twisted you folks huh?" I say as they were surprised I even spoke up. "Plot twist, they are best friends." Jess says making my eyes become wide and more open. "You guys messed with guys from the same group?? I'm living for this. Who??!" I say curious as ever. "12 o clock." Taylor says as I look straight ahead and my eyes lock on boys at the table. I remember there names... kairi, mattia, Ale, Robert? Them?? Wow I could never. "Those boys??" I say targeting my eyes at them as ale catches me staring but I cut my glance and look away. "Shh!! Yea." Jess says giggling a little.

Wow... this really be a small school for me to be friends with the girls who dated them lmao. "Wait what happened?" I asked to be curious. "Well you're new so whatever's, ale told Vic he didn't like i don't know like her anymore? And that they should stop talking but they could still be friends but he moved on reallll quick!" Jenna says a bit amused. "Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-" "no no it's fine. He's made it known already. Can't believe you didn't know about him?" She says surprised. "Because he's all tiktok famous? Yea no thanks." I say finishing the last pieces of my chips.

I swat at my hands before excusing myself to the bathroom. I grab my things and leave. I make sure not to make eye contact with ale but of course it fails because we both glance at each other. Yucckkkyy ugghhh.

I go to the bathroom do what I need to do and as soon as I get out Roberts there.

R: Robert
M: mae

R: hello stranger
M: Robert. What
R: you should totally come hang out with me and my friends today
M: ermmm no.
R: come onnn! I promise you I'm not interested in you like that you know!
M: I know but I'm gonna be the only girl you know?
R: ehh maybe but it'll be fun I promise
M: um maybe next time. I'm still adjusting to this weird school of yours.

I say walking pass him as he continues to beg while we walk into the cafeteria. "Next time brooooo." I say dragging the o and walking away. I sit back down and they all immediately stare at me. "What?" I say confused.

Fuck. Now I know. It looks like I just told Robert what we were talking about... fuck. "You and Robert?" Taylor says confused as ever. "We became friends yesterday during third period." I say not making it a big deal. "You didn't tell him-" Vic says before I cut her off. "Of course not. He asked me to hang out with them after school but I said no." I say as they nod.

The lunch bell rings and I gather myself again and walk out to my classes.

SKIP TO AFTER SCHOOL

I walked out of my last period and ran into mattia. Never talked to him before though.

Mattia - ma
Mae: m

M: oh my gosh I'm so sorry!
Ma: nah you're good

He says as I smile and continue walking before he stops me.

Ma: hey hey wait!
M: ?
Ma: mae right?
M: correct, mattia right?
Ma: si. Anyways, you wanna come get some Popeyes today? I know you told Robert no but it'll be fun. You seem cool.
M: he never told me you guys were gonna get food...
Ma: yes so come on don't be boring man don't you wanna make friends?
M: ehh not really. But my moms gonna pick me up today sorryyyy
Ma: don't worry bro I'll drop you off later
M: I'm gonna get in a car and get dropped off by a high school boy that I just met like 10 seconds ago?? Sketchy.
Ma: chilll promise I'm not on no kidnapping shit
M: whatever you're catching my sandwich then

I say walking pass him as he says, "fine rat fuck." I look at him like... what. And he again states, "my bad I call all my friends that." He says leading the way to his car. I laugh it off and now I'm second thinking this. Should I even be doing this?? I told mar I wouldn't be friends with them... but it's a Popeyes chicken sandwich brooo. Fuck it. One time won't hurt.

Me and mattia giggle at some things as we reach his car and standing around it was, Robert, Alejandro, and kairi. I stop in my tracks, I didn't know they were gonna ride with us... awkward...lol. "Wooowww you say yea to him but no to me? How rude to your first friend mae." Robert says throwing his hands in the air. "Hey all you had to tell me was that you guys were going to Popeyes and you would've had be in an instant?" I say shrugging my shoulders.