I - Stuck In The Memories Of The Past

"The truth is unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over. You cannot move forward." - Steve Maraboli

"Nat, please hurry up I don't want to be late." Maria was almost yelling from the staircase.

"Give me a second!" Natasha was looking for something in her bedroom. Something that she knew would go perfectly with Maria's outfit for tonight. "Got it!" Natasha replied running down the stairs. "Sorry, I couldn't put my hands on it."

Maria's eyes widened. It had to be the most beautiful pair of earrings she had ever seen. "Nat, it's beautiful. Where did you get those from ?"

"I told you it would be wonderful with your dress." Natasha said with a smile, slightly avoiding the question. "You look beautiful, I hope he's ready for you tonight. If not, call me and I'll kick his ass."

Maria chuckled, not even wondering why Natasha would say something like that. It was totally her, always protecting the people she loves. "Thanks babe, but I don't think it's gonna be necessary. Sam and I were talking about making things official between us lately and I think it could happen tonight." Maria said with excitement.

"I'm so happy for you Maria, you deserve it. And it's about damn time!" Natasha and Maria laughed together. After three months of hearing about Sam Wilson almost everyday, she started to wonder when those two would make things official.

"Thank you. You know it means a lot to me coming from you. But hey, maybe after tonight, we can look for someone..."

"In your dreams!" Natasha interrupted knowing damn well where her best friend wanted to take this conversation to.

"Come on Nat! When was the last time you actually had someone? And even if it's not meant to be serious, you can always, you know ... Get down and dirty, even if it's just for one night." Maria said, knowing that her best friend hadn't had a single relationship in years.

"And now is the perfect time for you to grab your things and leave my apartment." Natasha replied starting to kick Maria out of her place. She was about to close her front door when she heard her best friend talking out loud. "Think about it babe. It doesn't hurt from time to time, and you know I'm right!"

Natasha laughed to herself, she will never drop it, she thought to herself.

Natasha grabbed her book and headed back to her couch. Finding nothing interesting on the Tv tonight, she decided to read one of her favorite books again. Living in New York was amazing, there was always something to do. But for tonight, she simply wanted to relax. Some people would find this pretty boring, but to Natasha, nothing was better than reading a book and drink a glass of wine.

After hearing from Maria that Sam and she were officially dating and that she was safely home, Natasha closed her book and headed to get ready for bed. She knew she had to get up pretty early tomorrow morning to go to work, so she hoped the nightmares would keep it quiet tonight. Even though she hadn't had a peaceful night of sleep in a long time.

Some nights, it would just be tossing around in her bed. Some other nights, it would be waking up screaming and crying. Even sometimes with a panic attack. And those nights were far from being her favorites. Calming herself down was always hard. Sometimes she could just go back to bed and exhaustion would take over her and make her fall asleep in no time. But those nights, it was nearly impossible. So she hoped that for tonight, tossing around would be good enough to make her have an almost good night of sleep.

Laying down in her bed, staring at the ceiling deeply in her thoughts, she was thinking about what Maria had said earlier. Maybe it would be nice to have someone, she thought to herself.