XIV - I Don't Deserve You

"The scary thing about falling for someone is you don't know whether they will stay or just leave at any given time." - Emily Tilley

It was nine in the morning in Brooklyn when Steve started to wake up from his night. Feeling a body sleeping soundly on top of him, he looked down only to find the woman he was in love with laying down across his chest.

Waking up with Natasha in his arms was always his favorite time of the day. Sometimes he would wait until she wakes up to start his day with her, and sometimes he would just be too impatient and woke her up pressing light kisses everywhere on her body.

Her neck, her nose, her forehead, her back, her shoulders, her lips, ... Everything he could possibly think of.

Today was one of these mornings where he wanted to let her rest in his embrace as much as possible but also wanted to wake her up just to see her bright smile, her stunning green eyes and to taste her beautiful red lips.

It had been a month since they had both agreed on being in a relationship with one another. Everything had been amazing so far. Natasha had been herself more than ever. She was more careless, free, and most importantly to Steve, she was more alive than before.

To Steve, she wasn't afraid anymore. In front of him was the real Natasha Romanoff. The real Natalia Alianovna Romanova. The woman she had been meant to be all along.

Steve still remembered the way he felt when they both woke up the morning after Natasha opened up about everything. They had been asleep for twelve hours in a row, both being exhausted from everything their emotions had been through. But waking up entangled with the woman that he was in love with, the woman he loved, was everything.

Seeing her this peaceful in his arms, Steve couldn't wait for her to wake up. And when she did, he had been welcomed with the most beautiful smile he had ever seen, and shyly but naturally, she leaned on him to kiss him good morning. A kiss that Steve immediately returned, laying her down on her back, with him above her, in the safest way she had ever felt.

Since that morning, she hadn't been afraid to fully let him in. To fully let him see who she really was. And every part of her, was beautiful. She was full of joy, full of compassion, full of kindness, and full of love.

Every time Steve would do something adorable, as she would quote, she would just kiss him out of the blue. A simple peck on the lips, but a kiss that meant a lot for the both of them. And a kiss that, once again, Steve would immediately return.

They hadn't said anything to their closest friend about their relationship. Maria had her assumptions about them since Natasha had told her that everything was back to normal, but she never confirmed anything to her best friend.

Sam also notice something different about Steve since that night at Natasha's place. He could see the way his best friend would behave when he would mention her name when talking about Maria. And he definitely didn't miss the way Steve would smile, and the way his eyes would sparkle.

So on a Friday night when Maria and Sam picked Natasha up from her apartment and drove the three of them to Steve's townhouse for a movie night, it wasn't a surprise to see what happened next.

Natasha couldn't contain the smile on her face when she saw him, and Steve couldn't wait to have her in his embrace. To feel her petite body against his, to smell the delightful scent coming from her hair, and to feel her beautiful red lips on his own. He was addicted, everything about Natasha was addicting.