XIX - Just Hold On We're Going Home

"Can I keep you and never let you go ? Can I hold your hand and hug you tight ? Can I tell the world how lucky I am to have you in my life ? Can you simply be mine for the rest of my life ?" - Narumi Sayaco

"Where are we going babe ?" Natasha asked Steve, smiling at him as they were driving through the city of New York.

"It's a surprise babe, you know I'm not gonna tell you." Steve answered chuckling at her, winking and smiling.

"You know I don't like surprises Steve." He heard her said, looking deeply into his baby blue eyes and smiling at him.

"You just pretend you don't like surprises babe." Steve said to her, taking her hand in his, lacing their fingers together.

"I hate you babe." Natasha replied, laughing quietly at him, still looking at his beautiful face.

"I love you too." She heard him said, giving her one of her favorite smiles from him and kissing her knuckles.

She couldn't help herself from laughing quietly at him. Her man had been something else since the beginning of their relationship, and it was still the case after a year and a half of dating.

As it was the end of November already, Natasha thought she had an idea of where Steve was taking her tonight. The drive had been the same as a year ago, when he took her to this beautiful lake for her birthday.

And as a coincidence of today, it was also her birthday. Her twenty-fifth birthday. Celebrating another year of her life with her lover was everything to her.

She still remembered the way this night last year had been amazing for both of them. And how letting go of everything had freed her from everything. She owed everything to this man beside her, the love of her life. Steven Grant Rogers.

And she couldn't wait to spend the rest of her life with him, she couldn't wait.

On the Fourth of July this year, on Steve's birthday, Natasha had organized a little surprise for him, along with their friends, Sam and Maria, Tony and Pepper, Thor and Jane, Bruce and Betty, and of course Bucky, who had brought his new girlfriend, Wanda.

Since Steve's former best friend had been back in his life, Natasha could see that he was truly happy. And he truly was, happy. Since he was constantly telling her everyday that he was the luckiest man in the world, that he had everything he needed in his life to be happy.

Instead of moving into a new house together like they were supposed to do, they had decided to stay in Steve's townhouse for a little while. They hadn't been able to find what they were looking for, but living with Steve had been amazing.

Everything had been so natural, so peaceful, so easy. Of course, some disagreements had been in their way but nothing big enough that couldn't be fixed, nothing big enough that could break them apart.

Life with Steve was exciting. Pretty often, he would wake her up in the middle of the night and take her to this beautiful rooftop so they could admire the sunrise. And of course, he would make sure to cook her favorite breakfast, pancakes and strawberries.

At other times, he would simply wake her up and make love to her, like she was everything to him. Like she was the only one. There was nothing innocent about the way he wanted her, the way he was craving for her touch. And it was the same for her.