Chapter 7

I spawned in a world with a light summer breeze, and the warm summer sun was gently brushing against my cheek. The trees swayed side to side with their beautiful green leaves dancing with their friends. I saw people all around me having a good time and laughing, when I was alerted to someone's presence next to me.

A girl with electric purple hair was leaning against my should. Her pale fingers intertwined as we held hands. She was wearing blue jeans with holes around her knees, and a ACDC t-shirt. I looked down at my own outfit. I was wearing a red and black checkered shirt with the same type of blue jeans.

The girl murmured something under her breath that I couldn't hear. I was about to ask what she said, when she looked over at me and smiled. That seemed to make me happy. I squeezed her warm hand a little harder, and her smile grew.

We were walking, somewhere... but I didn't know where. Maybe she knew. I was going to ask her, but I couldn't speak for some reason. It was like my mouth was glued completely shut, and knit into a smile. I wasn't complaining about the smile though... It felt good to smile.

The girl tapped me on my shoulder. When she saw that she had my attention, she pointed over to a bakery. So is that where we were going? I nodded without thinking, and we started walking over to the bakery.

I reached down with the hand that was not holding her's, and tugged on the steel door handle. The door opened and I took a deep breath. We walked inside, and some people started to stare at us. After a while they smiled, and went back to their business.

I looked around the bakery, absorbing everything that it offered. There were walls with shelves of different kinds of bread on it. Also when you walked up to the counter they had places where you could look at the bread, and even taste some of them! It was relaxing in here I thought. Maybe we could come here more often.

It was pretty noisy but not to noisy. We walked up to the counter, and the person behind the register greeted us with a warm smile.

"Welcome to SummerShine Bakery! What would you like?" He said, still holding the smile. The girl with the electric purple hair tapped my shoulder again. Then she pointed to a loaf of bread on the top shelf of the rack. It was decorated in all different colors. Red, blue, green, yellow, there were to many to count! I looked at the price and smiled, only 50 dollars. It was a lot for bread, but I would do anything for her.

The employee followed her eyes then looked at me for conformation. I nodded without saying anything, and reached into my wallet for the cash. I took out a 50 dollar bill, and handed it to the happy salesman. He took it with a smile, and handed us the rainbow piece of bread.

I smiled and waved and we walked out of the bakery. I wondered where we were going to go next, when my legs automatically started moving. Now the girl had her arm wrapped around mine and was leaning against my shoulder. It felt.... nice.... It felt nice to be like this, and I wouldn't want anything to change this feeling right now. Maybe if I purposed to her this feeling would last longer. Maybe even forever...

She suddenly stopped walking, so I guess we reached our destination. There was a picnic table in the middle of two lush green oak trees. The two trees came together at the top making a canopy over the table. The grass was dark green like it was freshly watered.

We both sat down at the picnic table and smiled. I thought she wold sit across from me, but she followed me around to my side of the table and sat down next to me. She smiled and leaned against my shoulder again, her purple hair getting into her eyes. She was so cute!

I took the bread out of my bag, and laid it down on the table. I broke it into two pieces and handed one of the multi-colored pieces to her. She smiled and grabbed it gently out of my hand.

We quietly ate our bread not talking, just smiling and cuddling with each other. This gave me a lot of time to think. Maybe I should purpose to her? My mind went on. If I do, what would be the perfect time to?

I was interrupted by her tapping me on the should again. When I looked over she had a devious smile on her face. Before I could ask what was going on she put on of her on my leg, to push herself up, and put the other around my back. She kissed me gently but passionately on the lips. It was like fireworks were going off in my brain, I couldn't really think or do anything.... I could just enjoy it.

It ended to soon for me. She pulled away and giggled, smiling at my bewildered face. I heard some people behind us, and looked backwards to see what they were up to. Three teenage boys appeared out of the bushes. They were all wearing white headbands, and had their pants slightly lower than appropriate.

They approached us cautiously, their hands in their pockets as they walked. I was about to tell her that we should leave, when one of the guys started sprinting at us.

He pulled out a knife and dug it deep into the skin of the girl. She screeched in pain, still holding on to me, as I heard a loud 'BANG' noise. I was trying to focus on helping her, when there was a sharp pain in the back of my head. I put my hand on the back of my head, and I felt wetness. When I looked back at my hand, it was drenched in red liquid.

My eyes began to flutter closed, as I held onto the girl with my bloodied hands. I felt myself hitting the ground, as my eyes went completely black.

The blackness. I was alone forever. It was a sign...