{22} Forgive me?

**3rd person's POV

The next day at school [m/n] was feeling completely out of it, he wasn't as excited and pumped up as he usually was. His mind was jam-packed with countless thoughts and his brain was just going haywires. He tried not to let it show that he was feeling... off, but it was easy to tell that his vibe was just different. Life shouldn't be this hard he internally groaned as he slouched down on his chair. Tuning out the sounds of his classmates, mostly Kaminari, Kirishima, Sato and Ashido sulking about not being able to go to the training camp with the rest of them.

Last night he had been doing some thinking, mostly thinking about the past. With events from their childhood to as recent as the internship. Can my brain just not do this for a few seconds... he sighed.

"When the bell rings, get in your seats" Aizawa flung the door open, and immediately all the students were seated. Then went straight into explaining things. "Unfortunately, there are those who did not pass the exam... Accordingly, for the training camp in the woods... everyone's going!"

A last minute twist!

Ashido, Kirishima, Sato, and Kaminari cheered in excitement.

"We can go too!"

"Really?" Ashido was shedding tears of joy

"Some failed, but no one failed the written exams" oh thank god [m/n] sighed in relief "in the practical exam, Kirishima, Sato, Kaminari, Sero, and Ashido failed"

"Eh!?" Sero squeaked "I knew it..."

Aizawa then went on to explain to them a bit on just how the practical exam worked. He told them that the teachers had to leave a way for the students to win and then observe how they handled the situation they were placed in. Besides, the training camp is to help strengthen them, so those who failed are definitely the ones that need it the most. It would be a shame if they wouldn't be able to go. However, they still have extra lessons at a separate time and it'll be more difficult than if they had stayed in summer school.

"Yikes..." [m/n] muttered to himself

...

It was finally lunch time, and normally [m/n] would go to lunch with Bakugou, Sero, Kaminari, and Kirishima but this time he skipped out.

"Oi... you're not going to lunch...?" Bakugou stopped [m/n] in the hallway

"No" he muttered without looking the blonde in the eye, which Bakugou found unusual because normally [m/n] would be more... cheery and not so gloomy. But then again he wasn't surprised, after what he heard Midoriya and [m/n] talked about he couldn't help but feel guilty for making [m/n] think everything was his fault. He had to fix this before it went on for too long, and as much as he hates to admit it but Midoriya was right... he needed to be honest with himself. He had to be honest with his feelings to himself and [m/n].

"Can we—"

"Sorry, I really gotta go" [m/n] quickly cut him off, not giving him a chance to finish his sentence "maybe later" With that [m/n] spun around on his heels and walked off, leaving Bakugou with an expression mixed with shock and a little scowl.

"Is he... avoiding me?" Bakugou muttered to himself "no fucking way..."

Bakugou didn't want to believe that [m/n] of all people was avoiding him, he was ghosting him but in real life. He wouldn't talk to him, he wouldn't look him in the eye, he was flat-out just ignoring his entire existence. Bakugou felt a painful tug in his chest every time [m/n] didn't pay any attention to him. It hurt and he hated this feeling, how was he gonna talk to [m/n] if he doesn't even wanna listen. Should he give [m/n] some time and space? will he come around eventually? How long will he be able to keep this up?