27. Connection

James's dad died but he was called days later. What could be the reason?

He goes back to the house and talks to the person who called him, the cook.

"The minute the servant said that Big Sir was dead, I called you sir." The cook bows and speaks.

"And you saw his body? Or were you there in the room when he died?" James questions.

"No, sir. Big Sir had become very adamant. He wouldn't leave his room all day. He would just keep one servant with him. He was the one who said that he had died."

"Who is that servant?" James asks.

"We just called him butler. He was one of the new staff we recruited. And Big Sir was very comfortable with him." The cook says.

"Where is he?" James asks, already heading to the servant's room.

"I am sorry sir, but he quit today. He said he couldn't see Big Sir in a coffin. He had grown too close to him."

"What bullshit!" James thinks to himself, "Do you have any contact or anything?"

"No, sir. But I have contact with the agency who supplied us with the staff. And even you saw him." The cook says.

"Me? When?" James asks, confused.

"He was the one who gave you Big Sir's letter."

"Oh...that short guy? Anyways, just send me the details of the agency." James walks to his room.

"Yes, sir."

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

"His dad came and there was a whole drama in the station," Clive says after he came back from the police station with Noah and William. Dylan stayed back with David who was still a bit drunk.

"And the bail?" Dylan asks.

"They have sanctioned the bail. His father was furious at the police station because they ordered Logan to be kept for one day in jail." William says.

"This can't be true." Dylan is still in disbelief.

"What else do you want to know? He confessed it himself. Do you want cameras or what?" Noah shouts at Dylan.

"We all knew how Logan was. He wouldn't do something like this! And if there are cameras, I demand to see them." Dylan shouts back.

"Please you both. Don't start with your fight when we have a crisis like this. I am just tired." Clive sits down on the sofa. He was so done with Dylan and Noah.

"We don't have cameras but I have requested some to be installed immediately. Even I can't believe that Logan would do such a thing but he confessed." William pats on Dylan's back. He was the leader of the group and he had to be neutral about decisions. It was devastating for him to see his friends fighting amongst themselves and his group splitting.

"Anyone can confess if pressurized William. I don't understand why aren't we giving a benefit of doubt to Logan." Dylan begs.

"So you think someone is pressurizing him? What will that person gain? This whole research and documentary thing is secret. The only people who know about are the crew that we have here. Are you implying that they are the ones behind this?" William gives him a challenging tone.

"Maybe....I mean why not? If a person like Logan can become greedy, why not someone else?" Dylan replies.

"You are just making no sense," Noah says.

"Okay, let's think rationally. If Logan did break into the castle and stole some valuables, where are those? If he sold them already, it would be in the museum which David and Clive already checked out." He turns to Clive to ask, "Did you see anything there?"