35. Dirty Hands

"I think this is King Samuel." Dylan chokes on his own disgust.

"We will let the forensics check that." William is already out of the room to call the cops. Others leave one by one. Dylan looks at the corpse one last time to make sure he remembers what it had.

A crown and a dagger.

Noah was nowhere to be found and others don't spend another second in that castle with a dead body inside.

"It isn't possible. If it is Samuel's corpse, it wouldn't be in this condition." Clive had practically hurled his breakfast out when they came back home.

"The forensics will help us. We have to wait until then." David tries to calm Clive down though he himself was feeling sick.

"Where is the body?" Noah shouts as he rushes in and holds William.

"Woah! Calm down, Noah! The cops have taken the body to examine it." he pacifies him but Noah looks straight in his eyes.

They seem different. As if there were fires of hell burning in his eyes.

"Where is the body?" Noah asks in a hushed tone with William but he felt a chill running down his spine. Noah's voice was suddenly deep and his body felt cold. It was as if he was someone else.

Dylan was quick to notice it and he signals James to get William.

"Ah! It must be in the forensics department! Why don't you go there?" Dylan touches Noah's shoulder but he flinches and looks at him. The fire was still burning in his eyes. He mutters something under his breath and dashes out.

William was about to ask what that was about but James distracts him.

"Are there any more details about the residents of the castle?"

William's ears turn to James's attention, "No, by far we only have the family and the servants. Sources say that they had no bodyguards as they considered the castle out of bounds by anyone who wasn't of royal blood."

"Uh-huh. And what have we got by the servant's book now? I mean the month is ending and we need solid proof." James knows this will totally distract William from the topic of Noah.

"You are right! I forgot we were nearing the end of the month. Wait, I'll just bring my notes. Everyone bring out your notes. Let's not waste this free time." William goes into his room.

James whispers in Dylan's ears, "Go and see what your brother is up to. I'll handle here."

Dylan nods and hands him his notes. He sneaks out before anyone could miss him. William was overly excited to even ask where half of the members were and ushered everyone into the living room.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Dylan was finally inside the forensics department after a very satisfying conversation and a handful of cash to the detective and the cop.

"I do have to talk to James about the cops. They really are vulnerable to bribes." Dylan takes a mental note as he walks inside the department as a detective himself with someone else's ID. He looks for Noah but no sign of him.

"Uh excuse me! A body just came in. Do you know where it is?" he asks by stopping a cop.

"It's that side. Are you new here?" the cop points on the left and looks at him suspiciously.

"Uh...yeah...ha....you got me! I'll just...." Dylan walks away without looking back. The detective only allowed him 15 minutes so he has to find Noah fast.

The room which he was headed to was closed but somehow he knew that Noah was inside. He tried to peep in, only to see Noah bent over the corpse and smiling. If only he could go closer to hear and