Part 4| A familliar friend

3rd POV
Kakashi placed his sword back in its case and walked back into his house placing the sword back away in his closet and sitting down on his bed, 'I swear I heard my name!...' he exclaimed in his head as he thought he might be going insane but convinced himself he wasn't.

"Obito hurry up!" Deidara called out as Obito followed behind. "Don't you think we can take a break Deidara-senpai?.." he panted as he finally caught up to him "If you want us to get yelled at by Itachi then we can take a break." Deidara explained as they soon began to slow down a little for Obito's sake "I swear if we get caught Obito!" He yelled as the two made their escape from the village hidden in the leafs. "Over there!" A voice yelled from behind the two. Obito looked back counting all the Anbu members that we're chasing after them, Obito turned around throwing a few kunai and sticking explosive tags on them causing a distraction for them to be able to get away in time.

The two hid in a forest far away from the scene "Great work Obito!" Deidara said as he stood up, Obito followed behind him as they both began getting back on track to where they were headed "Wonder how they found us..." Deidara said as the two walked. Obito stopped looking over to him "That's a good question." he said as they began walking again "Hey, but at least you distracted them and they lost us!" he said. Quickly a kunai stopped right in front of them as they backed up, soon a cloud of smoke spread across the air in front of them "Jeez...Taking time out of my day for this?..."a voice said before stepping out of the gray cloud of smoke that made him invisible to the naked eye "Darn it.." Deidara groaned looking over at Obito.

Obito froze as he looked over at the figure who revealed himself "Kakashi.." Obito said looking up, his mask a little more orange than it was before now in the sun. "Huh.." Kakashi said looking up from his book as he wasn't fazed at all that they were Akatsuki members "How do you know my name?.." he asked as he placed his book in his back pocket, Obito forgot that he was supposed to be dead even though he so badly wanted to hug Kakashi..he couldn't gather the courage to do it...he left Kakashi and to look him in the eye without crying was impossible for him. Deidara looked over at Obito and noticed he looked bothered, "Because who doesn't know you?..Your the copy ninja!" he yelled laughing "That's right!" Obito said agreeing with him. Kakashi sighed as he looked over at the two "The one with the mask really reminds me of an old friend." Kakashi said pointing at Obito who was shocked, he hadn't expected Kakashi to remember him after all these years but I guess he really did care for him "But who am i kidding...he died years ago.."Kakashi said sorrow growing in his voice. Obito couldn't take any more of this guilt and threw a kunai at Kakashi who dodged it...no figure...

Obitos POV
I threw the kunai at Kakashi knowing he would dodge it, and as the kunai hit the ground Deidara ran at him with a kunai in his hand being able to distract him long enough for me to be able to come up with a distraction so i wouldn't have to hurt him "Deidara!" I yelled throwing a kunai with an explosive tag on it at Kakashi, he dodged it blocking his eyes with his arms as me and Deidara made our escape. Luckily we got away from him but i was kinda upset to leave him, just thinking about what he said earlier really brought a spark of hope in my heart that we could still be friends but who knows.

Deidara and I stopped in a cave hiding in there taking a break from the mission so that we could regain our strength "We need disguises" I said to Deidara who nodded, I stood up looking outside the cave and at the stars "Ill go find some for us." I said leaving. The only reason why is because I wanted to see Kakashi at the village again, I sneaked past the village gates and put on diffrent clothes and I took a stolen headband and covered one side of my face with it to hide my scar, I didn't look as scary now I looked like one of the villages ninjas just like what Kakashi wears the green vest and stuff.

I walked past many buildings until I made it to the same Sakura tree from our childhood. I placed my hand on the bark of the tree letting all the memories flow back to me, I let go sitting in front of the tree watching the sun set. "Hey." I heard a voice say, I turned my head and it was Kakashi "Hey." I responded as I turned my head back towards the sunset "Kakashi, nice to meet you." He said holding out his hand "Tobi.." I said shaking his hand back hoping he wouldn't recognize my disguise "Oh." He said looking away "What's wrong?" I asked looking him in the eye "Nothing...Just an old friend used to have a similar name as yours..." he said with a faint smile, he turned away "Must have been a good friend.." I said looking down. "He was actually...after his death I didn't know what to do with my life and I had no one to talk to..." he said looking up at me "You seem like a nice guy."I said giving him a smile "Hope we can be friends." I said standing up "See ya!" I said giving him one last smile before running off. Once I was far enough I put my Akatsuki cloak over the outfit and put my mask back on "Kakashi really thought of me as a friend and missed me.." I said tears swelling in my eyes as I thought of it.

"Maybe I still have a chance.."