Part 12| Peace at last

-3rd POV-

It was a few days after the festival and Kakashi awoke being able to leave the hospital "Now don't go hurting yourself Kakashi." Tsunade ordered before he left "I'll do my best." He chuckled heading out as he took in the air of Konoha and smiled as he rushed back home awaiting to see his lover who he missed dearly even though it had been a couple of weeks since he last seen him, "I'm back." He yelled inside the house as he opened the door "Welcome home." Obito smiled as Kakashis eyes seemed to spark with joy, one thing people didn't know about Kakashi was the fact that he was a huge softie on the inside despite his threatening and intimidating character in which he walks around with.

Kakashi closed the door running over and hugging the semi taller boy who embraced him with kindness, "I missed you Bakashi." Obito smiled as the two unlaced from each others arms and parted their separate ways "Are you feeling better?" Obito asked "Of course." He responded looking over at the Team 7 photo "Did the team cause you any trouble?" Kakashi asked as Obito chuckled "Just a little..but I'm sure they will be happy to have you back." Kakashi smiled as he sat down at the table looking around "Seems like you managed to keep the house clean..didn't think you would be able to." Kakashi chuckled to himself as Obito punched him in the arm "Whatever Bakashi, at least I didn't lose in a sword fight." Obito smirked to himself "Think again..I lost because I felt bad for you." He explained as this pissed off Obito, he shrugged it off and walked to the door "I'm going out for a bit." He said "Okay." Kakashi responded standing up as he walked into his room and laying on his bed for a bit getting lost in his thoughts...

- "I don't understand how a boy can like a boy!" Rin exclaimed approaching Kakashi as he backed up "Well maybe it's just because you don't understand love Rin! I can't believe I actually thought you changed." Kakashi said as Rins face grew pale "But i-I love you Kakashi!" She smiled as tears ran down her face "Well I don't love you Rin." Kakashi coldly said as Rin approached him once more this time inches away from him "I hate you.." she said shoving him into the waterfall watching closely as the word turned color "Oh my god!.." she said aloud as Obito approached the scene.. -

Kakashi woke up startled as he looked outside "How long did I sleep for?.." he questioned himself sitting up as he heard rummaging outside his room, standing up he exited the room rubbing his eyes and fixing his mask "Obito?.." he questioned as the figure approached him "Did I wake you? I apologize." He spoke as Kakashi questioned why he was awake at this hour and in his Akatsuki uniform "Why do you have your uniform on?.." Kakashi asked as Obito removed the mask from his face "Um..well.." he began as a frown appeared on his face worrying Kakashi "Look..Kakashi..I'm needed back at the Akatsuki for a little bit. I was going to leave a note but you woke up." Those words left Kakashi in a mess as tears suddenly formed in his eyes "I-I understand.." he croaked as Obitos eyes widened looking at his boyfriend in such pain "I'll be back..I promise..just give me a few months and we will meet again." Obito promised as Kakashi embraced him in a tight hug not wanting to let him go "You better..I don't want to lose you again." Kakashi sobbed as he let go wiping his tears away as Obito smiled walking towards the door, before opening it Obito was tugged into one last fair well kiss "Kakashi..your mask." Obito said as he finally saw him smile without it being almost invisible "Until we see again..safe travels." Kakashi said as Obito smiled once more "I'll keep my promise." Was the last thing Obito said to Kakashi before he left...Although Kakashi knew he'd be back it still pained him to be alone again after all this time of Obito being back into his life he didn't want that to go away.

-The beginning of July-

Kakashi was now hokage of the hidden leaf and sat at his desk bored looking at the several papers and documents that were scattered around on his desk "Hey Kakashi-sensei!" Naruto yelled walking inside the office waving as Sasuke followed behind him "Sorry sensei I told him you were probably busy." Sasuke sighed as Naruto smiled "No that's alright! I'm pretty bored right now." Kakashi said glad that the two actually stopped by "How are you doing?" Kakashi asked as Naruto smiled grinning over at Sasuke who turned blushing "Sasuke lost a bet of mine." Naruto whispered grinning to Kakashi who chuckled "Would have never seen that coming." He said standing up as one of the shinobi rushed in "Lord sixth!" They exclaimed panting. "Someone's at the gates saying their looking for you." He explained as Kakashi seemed confused "Alright, I'll take care of it." He said walking towards the door followed by Sasuke and Naruto who accompanied him as he approached the gates.

Kakashi stopped as he looked over at the hooded figure that wore an Akatsuki's robe "Kakashi-Sensei it's an Akatsuki member!" Naruto exclaimed as he pulled out a Kunai "Obito.." Kakashi said as Naruto dropped the Kunai "Huh?!" He said as Kakashi began running, he threw his arms around the figure embracing them into a big hug "I missed you." Kakashi said as tears fell from his eyes "I missed you to Bakashi.." the figure said removing their mask and smiled "I was gone..but guess you never forgotten me." Obito laughed as tears filled his eyes looking at Kakashi "Of course I wouldn't.." he smiled...

-Hello! Sorry for a late last chapter I honestly was going to end it but I saw how many people wanted one so here it is! Thank you all for your patience and I hope you enjoyed!
This is the last Chapter and I promised by the end of this month I would have another Obikaka fanfic out..so if you like this one there will be another :)

~Author-Kun

P.S sorry for any spelling/Grammar errors I'll be checking for those!