Chapter 4: Admire

Maya POV

Once again I go up the fire escape to Riley's window. She sitting on the bench by the window waiting for me.

"Your late," she says.

"I know I had a couple of things to do."

"Like what?" she says with a curious look.

"Don't worry about it Riles. Let's go eat breakfast I'm starving."

So after we eat breakfast we head down to the subway and go to school. When we arrive at school I see Lucas talking to Farkle so I tell Riley I have to go to my locker. "Hey there Ranger Rick, did you hand out the invitations?"

"Why I did little lady," he says with a wink. His green eyes are so pretty. They're are like a never ending field of flowers and grass and "Uh Maya are you okay, you're kinda looking at me weird," Lucas says with a weird look.

"Yeah I'm fine," I say as I shake the thought out of my head. YOU CANT BE THINKING LIKE THAT MAYA. HE LIKES RILEY AND RILEY LIKES HIM. YOU CANT DO THAT TO HER. Then Riley walks up.

"Hi friends," she says with a smile.

"Hey there princess," he says with an adorable smile. OH MAN I DID IT AGAIN! STOP THINKING LIKE THAT MAYA!!!!

"Hiiiiiii," Riley says with the crazy look she always gets in her eyes when Lucas talks to her.

"Riles you already said hi," I tell her.

"Hiiii," she says again obviously not hearing me.

"Can I walk you to class?" Lucas asks her.

"Yessss," Riley practically yells.

"Haha okay," Lucas says while taking her arm.

"May I walk my woman to class," Farkle says while wiggling his eyebrows.

"Sure why not," I say.

"Please let's me walk you to... Wait what, you said yes?!" he says with a surprised look.

"Yes, yes I did. Now are you gonna walk me or not?!" I say to get this conversation moving.

"YES I AM!" he yells as he grabs my arm and practically pulls my arm to Mr.Matthews class.

The whole time Mr.Matthews was teaching Riley and Lucas kept looking at each other so I asked if I could be moved for today. Mr.Matthews moved me to the back of he room. Finally the bell had rang to dismiss us home. As I was walking home, Lucas came up behind me.

"Hey Maya, I was wondering if we could go work on the 'you know what' tonight," he asked.

"Yeah sure. Show me the way cowboy," I said with a big smile.

When he opened the door to his apartment, a huge dog jumped on me and knocked me over. Then it began to lick my face.

"Red, get down!" Lucas yelled at the dog. Then the dog got off me and ran back in the apartment.

"Nice horse you got yourself there cowboy," I said while whipping the slobber off my face.

"Yeah sorry about that. My mom is usually taking for a walk at this time but she had to work late tonight," he says while laughing. Then we proceed to his bedroom and start working on decorations.

When we are done we have made almost all the decoration. "Wow, we did a good job," I say while admiring our work.

"Yeah but then again you are the best artist in the city," he says with a big smile.

"Thanks," I say while blushing but I look away before he sees.

"So same thing tomorrow after school?" he asks.

"Yeah that sounds great," I say with a smile.

"I'll see you at school tomorrow," he says.

"See ya tomorrow," I say as he shuts the door with the smile never leaving my face.