Chapter 10: Anger

Brandon(Rebel) POV

I wanted to punch Lucas in the face when Maya said those things about herself. Nobody deserves to feel that way. Especially Maya. In case you haven't noticed already I really like her. But I know she has some feelings for Lucas. I know they can never be together either because I know Maya wound never do anything to hurt Riley. I'm thinking about asking Maya out but I'm scared of rejection. I'm gonna ask her to go on another "date" with me tonight.

Maya POV

I really like Brandon. I mean who couldn't he's sweet, hot, and mysterious. But I still have these stupid feelings for Lucas. I'm still really hurt that hes ignoring me. I can't help but feel this is my fault. But I could never go out with him. I'd never hurt Riley like that. She's my best friend I could never do that to her even if they don't work out. Which they will so I really have no chance.

Lucas POV

When I saw Rebel hug Maya a shot of jealousy ran through me. Yes I have a like Maya a little I can admit that but I love Riley. I mean Riley is sweet, adorable, kind, and smart. But Maya has a certain spark to her that can't be ignored. Besides Maya and I would never work out. She'd never hurt Riley and I'd always have feelings for Riley no matter what. But I still don't like her talking to Rebel. Tonight I'm just gonna have to talk to her about it.

Maya POV

*Bring Bring* The final bell has rung to release everyone home. As I walking out of the building I see Riley and Lucas holding hands and my eyes begin to burn so I walk the other way. Then Brandon comes up to me.

"Hey Maya I was wondering if you wanted to go to the cafe with me again," he asked.

"That sounds great," I say with a smile. For hours we sit in the cafe talking to each other about the randomest things. He laughs and I laugh. He's really funny and his smile is just so cute. Then just like last time he gets a text and he says he has to go.

"I'm sorry but this is important I've got to go," he says.

"It's fine," I tell him when I really don't want his to leave.

"See you tomorrow at school though," he says with a sympathetic smile.

"Yeah see ya," I say as he leaves. Then I receive a text from Lucas.

L- Maya come to my place now.

I don't even reply. I just pay for my coffee and head to Lucas's. When I reach the door he's already opening it. I go to his room and sit down in the chair I always sit in.

"You ready to get to work?" he asks when he comes in.

"Yeah sure," I tell him.

So we continue to work on the decorations for Riley's Party without talking for an hour then he says, "I don't like you hanging out with Rebel."

"What?" I ask him.

"You heard me. I don't like you hanging out with Rebel," he says with a demanding stare.

"First of all he has a name and it's Brandon. Second of all you don't control who I do and don't hang out with," I yell at him.

"He's a bad influence and," I cut him off right there.

"NO HES NOT!! He's a good person," I yell at him.

"Sure he is," he says while rolling his eyes.

"You know what I have our 20th guest and it's him. Okay and you can finish up here because I'm leaving. Bye Lucas," I say with rage.

"Maya wait," he yells to me. But it's to late.

________________________________________________

Questions:

Do you think Maya will forgive Lucas again?

Do you think Maya's respect for Lucas have disappeared?

Do you think Maya will tell Brandon about the fight?

Lucaya or RebelHart?