Chapter 16: Broken Friendships

Authors note-

Sorry for the short chapter but I didn't know what else to write.

Maya POV

I walk up the fire escape to Riley's apartment. And sure enough she sitting there. But what freaks me out is that she's just staring and the wall doing nothing. So I knock on the window and it startles her.

"Can I come in?" I ask. She nods for me to come in. For 10 minutes we just sit saying not one word to each other. And then out of nowhere she says. "How long?"

"What?" I ask not knowing what she's referring to.

"How long have you had feelings for Lucas?" she says finally turning to me.

"Riley I've never had feelings for Lucas," I lie to her and she knows it to.

"Well that's not what that kiss looked like," she says.

"Riley, the kiss meant nothing to me," another lie.

"Maya, how long?" I finally give up on lying and tell her.

"Maybe for two months back when we all spent that day at the park," I can remember that day so clearly and so can she.

"Why didn't you tell me," her voice cracks a little trying to hold back the tears.

"Riley I didn't want to hurt you," I say.

"Well you know what Maya you hurt me more by not telling me. Were suppose to be bestfriends, bestfriends tell each other everything," she says.

"Riley I thought it was the best thing to do at the time. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt you."

"Well you obviously weren't thinking that when you kissed Lucas," she says trying to hold back tears.

"Riley I.." I try to say before she cuts me off.

"I think you need to leave," she says.

"But Riley.." She cuts me off again.

"Maya please go!" She yells waving her hands in the air and then she sits back down and goes back to the way I found her. So I carefully leave not to disturb her and once I'm off the fire escape I take off in a dead sprint not knowing or caring where I was going.

________________________________________________

5+ Comments for update

Do you think Riley will forgive Maya?

Where do you think Maya is going?

Lucas or Brandon?