Chapter 27

When Sebastian awoke the next day he could already hear the Seed Fall Ceremony had already started. It was just after midday, yet the sun was nearly up by the time he made it to bed. He was somewhat thankful he didn't have any dreams. He was beginning to fear his dream in this land; an involuntary shiver ran down his back. He noticed Ceradell was no longer in bed with him, he wasn't surprised. The elf never seemed to sleep, and when she did it was not at long intervals.

Sebastian could feel the vibration of distant drumming. It motivated him to rise from bed, at the foot on Ceradell's side he discovered clothes had been laid out for him. After he dressed he went to the full length mirror in the room. The framing of the mirror looked like tree roots snaking around each other, several sticking out from the top corners.

Looking at himself in the mirror he felt odd, it was the clothes, he realized. He wore deep black pants that fit him perfectly, the fabric was soft against his skin, yet he could feel its durability. The shirt felt like it was made of silk, and the deep red of it glistened in the afternoon light. Over the shirt he wore an open black vest of the same silky fabric. The clothes were finely tailored, and he didn't feel right wearing such clothes, as if they were beyond him. He did admit to himself that he did look quite dashing in them though, and then he looked at his hair. He couldn't remember the last time it'd been cut, and was now shaggy with the ends beginning to curl up; it threw off the whole look. He needed a hair cut, he decided.

Out of the corner of his eye he caught movement to his left, it was Ceradell.

"Oh my," She breathed, the words a bit louder than she'd wanted them to be. She looked Sebastian up and down, and felt her face flush. A playful smile spread her lips, "We've got to do something about that hair."

Sebastian barely heard her, he was in a trance, enthralled by the sight of her. He wasn't prepared for the sight of her, he'd seen her in her scouting garb, and had seen her naked, but never in a dress. In a dress she looked like some goddess. The color was a green that matched her eyes; it flowed wistfully over her form, showing all her curves. The neckline low and square, showing just the right amount of cleavage, the sleeves split at her elbows, the ends would dance as she moved her arms. It was the same silky fabric of his shirt and she gleamed in the sunlight, a regal apparition. He saw his mouth hanging open in the mirror and quickly closed it, even though he knew it must've been that way long enough for Ceradell to see his expression.

She glided his way, when she was close enough he grabbed her right hand. He raised it as he bent and gave her hand a gentle kiss causing her to smile and blush, much like a country girl would upon meeting a prince. "You should wear a dress more often."

Her eyes narrowed, and she gave him a light slap on his shoulder. "Enjoy the sight now; you may not see me in one again." She twirled, and the dress flowed smoothly with her movement. "Now about that hair," Her tone was flat, but he could see a smile in her eyes, she was teasing him.

Sebastian ran his right hand through his hair self-consciously, "Yeah, I know it needs a cut."

"I may be able to assist you with that... if you trust me."

"Of course I trust you. I trust you with my life, let alone to cut my hair." He said tenderly and gave her a loving smile.

She walked to a night stand, opened a drawer and produced scissors. She was as proficient with the scissors as she was with a sword, and within minutes was finished. She brushed the loose hair off his neck and shoulders as he inspected her work in the mirror.

"Much better," He said to her in the mirror, turned and kissed her.

"Agreed." Ceradell grabbed his hand and led him out onto the balcony, to the celebration. "Lets go enjoy this day."