Chapter 12

"Thank the heavens it stopped raining, I am dripping wet." B'naire complained.

Sebastian chuckled and said, "That's what she said." He looked around for his expected reaction of laughter, yet none came. A moment later he remembered he wasn't on earth anymore.

"That is what she said." The barbarian said looking confused.

Ceradell gave him a questioning glare.

"It's a joke from my world...It's a sexual thing." Sebastian explained. After a few seconds the barbarian chuckled.

"I don't get it." B'naire said quietly.

"That's because your flower has yet to be plucked little lass." Lueken spoke to B'naire and was amused by the reddening of her cheeks, which were nearly as red as her curls. He then added. "I could help with that."

Sebastian was about to scold the man but Ceradell stopped him with a nudge. He looked to B'naire and saw the red deepen on her cheeks, before she said. "Never in this life or the next. I bet no one has ever been near your stinger. Not when you smell worse than those filthy creatures that had me captured." She then gave him a wink, trying to make it look like the one Shana use to give men.

The grin on the barbarian's face turned into a scowl, he began to speak but Sebastian cut him off. "It is nice that the rain has stopped. Although it wasn't so bad once we made it into the forest."

It had rained the past several days, the first day they were still out in the open grassland. The rain that day was terrible on the company; heavy sheets of fat droplets pelted them continuously while the wild wind ripped at their clothes. The rain still had a bite of winter cold to it even though it was spring. Luckily for them though they only had to endure a days walk in the storm before they reached the threshold of the forest. It seemed to Sebastian that the weather was aware of their passage into the shelter of the trees so the heavy rain subsided to a constant drizzle.

The rain had stopped merely an hour before they found their camp for the night. They sat in a "waypoint", is what Ceradell called it, it was a camp that the elves of the forest found and kept supplied for the many scouts that ventured through their trees. Even with the many days of rain the camp was completely dry, for it was a natural alcove of trees. Branches and vines twisted and intertwined with each other to form a roof and walls, thus keeping the inside from getting wet, and for that the company was thankful.

"I much enjoy a good spring rain. I've always felt they cleanse the spirit." Ceradell chimed in, to the surprise of her companions. Not the fact that see likes the rain rather it was her voicing something personal about herself, even something miniscule. Sebastian could see that she was beginning to open up to her newfound friends, and that made him smile.

"As much as I'd hate to say it, but I agree with the little elfie over here. I always enjoyed the rain as a boy. It seems to have stuck with me into when I became a man." Lueken voiced bringing forth a bigger reaction of surprise from the others.

"I feel something bad might happen now." Sebastian chuckled.

"Yeah... You two agreeing might just bring forth an end to days." B'naire said dramatically. This sent the four of them in a laughing spell. When the laughing subsided Sebastian looked back and forth between each of his friends with a jolly grin on his face.

"What's that face for?" Ceradell asked him.

"Oh... nothing really. This is nice that's all." He replied, to which she smiled in kind.