Chapter 6 - Untold Darkness

The next day Melissa sits on the couch in the beach house, explaining to Fenrir about what happened to them. She purposely leaves out one tiny detail, more like two tiny details.

"So Aaron's engaged to Aphmau? Never thought those two would end up together. They ultimately hated each other in high school." Fenrir admits.

"Yeah. Turns out they knew each other for a long time." Melissa adds.

Fenrir nods. "Interesting." he notes. "So how have you been Mel?" he asks.

"Me?" Fenrir nods his head. "Oh, I've been well. Just dealing with family problems." she admits.

She won't say anything else, because he doesn't know about her family secret nor does he know her last name. Hell, she never told him but now, it didn't matter. She is done with him and she will raise this child without his help.

"Family problems, still? Seems like you've been dealing with that for years, Mel." Fenrir says.

"Fenrir, my name is Melissa. Stop calling me Mel, we are done. We've been done for years. Hell, I should've never said yes to being your girlfriend, then maybe I wouldn't have been in this position." she snaps.

"What position?" Fenrir asks, confused.

"It's nothing." Melissa says. "Just leave me alone and stay out of my life!" she yells.

"Fine. But first of all, I'd like you to meet someone." Fenrir says.

"Who?" Melissa asks him.

"I'd like you to meet my new girlfriend, Ilya." he says, as a blonde haired werewolf woman suddenly hugs him, batting her violet eyes at him.

Melissa gags. "Ugh, I think I'm going to be sick." she mumbles.

"Fenrir?" Aphmau asks.

She comes to stand on the right side of Melissa with a questioning expression on her face.

"Aphmau? Heard you're with Aaron." he states.

Aphmau nods. "Yeah, I am." she replies.

"Congrats." he says.

Ilya smirks. "Yeah, congrats." she says, flatly.

"Thank you?" Aphmau responds, unsure of their motive.

She didn't know what their motive was nod did she actually care. She only cared about what Derek was planning to do with the curse. The very curse she knows her future son will have.

"...please, leave." Melissa sighs.

"If my daughter says to leave, then leave." Rachel says, coming to the rescue.

Fenrir drags Ilya by her arm and the two peacefully leave the house. Melissa turns to her mother with a graceful expression.

"Thanks, Mom." she thanks her by hugging Rachel.

"Of course dear. If he comes back and causes trouble, you know where to find me."Rachel smiles.

Melissa smiles back and nods. "Yeah, okay." she replies.

"So, wedding plans." she smirks.

"What about them?" Aph asks.

"How are they coming?"

"Uh..good? Okay, we have started but the only thing we figured out is the when." Aphmau admits.

Melissa gives her a look that silently asks her question.

"Sometime in the Spring." Aphmau says.

"Well, it's May, so next year?" Melissa guesses, as Aphmau nods.

"We're in no rush to get married. Besides, I think we want to wait until this child is born first." Aphmau says.

Melissa nods. "Makes sense." she comments.

()()()()()()
Four months later.

"Fate. Aaron, that's all this is going to be. Fate." Aphmau mutters.

She runs her left hand over her enlarged stomach and sighs heavily. Aaron sits beside her with his left hand intertwined with her right.

"Yeah. Fate." he says. "Changing the subject, are you ready?" he asks her.

She smiles. "Yes! Today's the day we get to see the gender!" she shouts, excitedly.

Today is the day Aphmau and Aaron get to see which gender their firstborn will be and neither of them; specifically Aph, could contain their excitement. But Aphmau's excitement dies down as she realizes what would happen if they were expecting a boy.

"Aaron," she whispers, "remember what Derek said he'd do if it was a boy, what if it is?!" she panics.

Aaron grabs hold of her hand and looks her in her caramel eyes. "Then we'll keep him safe. I promise, Aph. My Dad's not going to harm him, I hope." he whispers the last part incoherently as Aphmau nods.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." she stands to grab her purse, stuffing her keys and phone into said handbag.

She tosses it around her shoulder. "Ready. Oh, and we need to keep an eye out for Guardian Force officers. Remember they're patrolling the streets." Aphmau reminds Aaron.

He rolls his eyes. "Yeah, I know. Let's go." he says.

"Aaron, I know you want to go with but maybe you should sit this one out. I mean, the news would be all over you. Not to mention, the Guardian Forces would be over you like a swarm of bees at one flower." Kim says.

Melissa nods in agreement. "She's right, bro. I don't think we want you dead before that child even gets to see his or her father." she comments.

Aaron sighs. "Fine. But I'd feel better knowing Aph had backup in case something happens." he says.

Melissa stands up and wraps an arm around Aphmau's tiny shoulders. "I'll go with her! Don't worry, bro, I'll keep her safe." Melissa smiles.

Aphmau smiles back.

"Okay. Just be safe, both of you." Aaron sighs.

"We will, Aaron." Aph calls before she walks towards the hotel door with Melissa behind her.

After she shuts the door, Melissa turns to walk beside Aphmau. She would've striked up a conversation but she feels that wasn't necessary because it didn't take them long to reach the location they are going to. That location being a hidden clinic that's run by Holly Tech, a werewolf doctor, and Dottie Rose.

Holly is a ginger haired werewolf woman with bright blue eyes and blue wolf ears and tail that sway back and forth through an imaginary breeze. Melissa opens the door, letting Aphmau walk in first then she.

"Aphmau. Good to see you." Holly smiles. "What can I do for you, Ms.Phoenix?" she asks.

Aphmau's caramel eyes trail down to her stomach and back up at Holly, as the doctor gets what she wants to know.

"You want to know?" Holly asks her, as Aph nods.

"Yes, please." she says.