Chapter 22 - PDH Rebuilt |Part Two|

Three weeks later.

A small groan reaches Aaron's ears as deadly crimson eyes slowly open.

"D...dad?" the voice says, his voice just a mere whisper.

"Hey buddy. How are you feeling?" Aaron asks him.

"Sore...what happened?" he asks.

Aphmau comes running in with Alina not far behind her. "Aaron! Lucinda told me what happened! He was stabbed, twice?! By who?!" Aph shouts.

"Brave." Blade answers. "He knows what I am and used that," he takes a deep shaky breath, "against me." he finishes.

"Balto's son did that? When I get a word with that fool of a werewolf, I will..." Aaron cuts Aph off.

"Let the police handle it, Aph. Remember werewolves aren't allowed to get into fights with humans, meif'was, and other werewolves." Aaron tells her.

She nods. "You're right." she sighs. "Best let the popo deal with it." she says.

Alina holds out a tablet —Aphmau's iPad that she had swiped off the counter to bring to her brother— to him. Her chocolate eyes dart down and back up at him, indicating the tablet is for him.

"Thanks sis." Blade admits. "Minecraft?" he asks her, with a slight grin on his face.

Alina grins back. "Hell yeah!" she shouts and pulls out her phone, unlocking the device and tapping the Minecraft icon.

Once it's open, she taps the play button and goes to friends. "I'm in, you can join." she heard Blade tell her.

Eager to have fun, Alina repeatedly taps Blade's username —Remusthekeeper.

"At least they're having fun." Aaron points out as Aphmau laughs.

"What are we going to do about his eyes? If anyone sees them, they'll die." Aphmau states.

"Blade?" Aaron asks.

Blade looks up from the white and gold fifth generation iPad. "Yeah?" he asks.

"Do you have something to cover your eyes?" Aphmau says, speaking for Aaron.

"Uh, yeah. Uncle Travis gave me this." Blade says and lifts up his left wrist.

He has a piece of red fabric that looks faded tied around the wrist.

"Aaron, look." Aphmau whispers to her husband.

She points to the red fabric on her son's wrist as both her and Aaron spot a faded Aph x Aar. "He said Travis gave it to him." she adds.

Blade stares back down at the iPad, building something random in the End. He had found the village with a dungeon inside the well that had a unfinished end portal. Alina finished the portal off with eye of Enders and the two jumped in.

Of course, once they got to the end, they had to place swords in their inventory —Blade had a diamond one while Alina had an iron one. It took them awhile but they managed to slay the Ender dragon, leaving the entire end a blank canvas.

"Did you build something?" Alina asks aloud, looking up at her brother.

Blade nods. "Yeah, but it looked like an alien at first." he answers.

"Let me see this alien thing." Alina says and stands up.

She walks over to Blade, resting her hand on the bed as she looks down at the iPad. Alina looks up at Blade with a shocked expression.

"How

"How...did you build that?!" she shouts.

Blade laughs. "It's not that hard. Sis, I've been playing this game for years. I think I know how to build good." he comments.

"Alright you two, enough playing Minecraft. We should get going." Aaron states.

His son saves his world and gets out of the app by pressing the home button. He clears it using the home button twice, making sure it wasn't three times nor holding it down otherwise Siri came on. Blade gives the iPad to Aaron and unties the fabric on his wrist.

He places it over his eyes and ties it in the back. "We'll be back tomorrow morning. Get some sleep, son." Aaron tells him.

He nods. "Goodnight Dad." Blade replies.

OoOoOoOo

Derek has his charcoal eyes glued to the television. A glass case lays in front of him, on the glass coffee table and inside the case is a purple jagged sword with a dark gray handle. He hears his notification sound —a wolf howling— go off as he picks up his phone.

'Remember the plan.'—Victoria

"Irene Victoria. Of course I know the fucking plan!" he shouts.

'Of course I know it."—Derek

He hears another bling go off. 'Good. You have a job. Do not fail me again.'—Victoria

"I never failed you, bitch." Derek growls.

'I never failed you.'—Derek

'Ha! You did. You went soft for the Ultima. You trained him even. If you didn't fail me, he'd be dead! Now, get to work.'—Victoria

"I haven't trained him. He's been back for five years already. Maybe,"Derek hesitates, "it's time I train Blade." he finishes.

He stands up, taking the television remote in his right hand and turning the flat screen off. He then moves to pick up his phone, glaring at Victoria's text messages. Derek walks around the couch with phone in hand and snatches his keys off of the white wooden bookcase that's beside the front door.

"Time to pay my son and daughter a visit." Derek announces.

He takes his sweet time getting to his car, which is a fancy mustang. He puts the keys into ignition and slides the joystick into reverse as he backs out of his driveway. He then puts the mustang into drive and drives down the roads in Falcon Claw.

It takes him several hours and a few stops to get food and go the bathroom, to get into Phoenix Drop. He takes the sightseeing road which surprisingly leads him into downtown Phoenix Drop. Derek knows that Aaron doesn't live that far from downtown and that Melissa actually lives near him so that way their kids could grow up together.

Derek understands that, he truly does. He just doesn't understand why Aaron's letting his son, who is an Ultima, be near humans and other kids. If it was his kid, he wouldn't let them.

Luckily for Derek Lycan, he pulls the mustang into the driveway of a red two story house and gets out.

He walks along the sidewalk that leads up to the door and knocks. He can hear loud shuffling as a raven haired girl with chocolate colored eyes answers.

"Uh, hi? Can I help you?" the girl asks.