Chapter 23 - Secrets Worth Training

Derek blinks. He doesn't know who she is or why she's answering the door that belonged to his son's house. He clears his throat loudly and answers the girl's question, "Why yes, you can help me. I'm looking for Aaron, do you know where I might find him?"

The girl peaks her head backwards and narrows her eyes just a little. "Why are you looking for my Dad?" she asks.

Dad?! Derek thinks to himself. This must be the youngest Lycan since Blade's the eldest He adds.

"It's not important, little lady. I would much appreciate it if you brought Aaron here." Derek tells her.

The girl gives him a confused expression but runs inside to the kitchen nevertheless. "Daddy! There's some man at the door asking for you!" she shouts.

"Thank you Alina. I'll handle it." Aaron tells her and she smiles.

Aaron walks to the wooden door and opens it, supporting a shocked expression on his face afterwards. "Dad?!" he yells. "What the hell are you doing here?" he asks.

"I'm here to train Blade. I did tell Aphmau I would train him when he got back." Derek replies.

"But he got back five years ago, Dad." Aaron says.

"Really? That's news to me." Derek lies.

He has been well aware about that but he's just been rather busy conducting business with Victoria. Aaron glares at him as if he knows he's lying.

"Where is he? I would like to see him." Derek says.

"He was stabbed three weeks ago by Brave." Aaron replies. "If you really want to see him, he's at Phoenix General." he adds.

Derek nods. "Is he okay!?" he shouts.

Aaron looks at his father with a confused expression on his face. "Dad, why are you shouting? There's no need to shout, he'll live." he tells Derek.

"No reason. No reason at all." was Derek's response.

"Daddy?" Alina asks, suddenly bumping into her dad by accident. "I'm heading to school, okay? I already told Mom I was leaving." she says.

"Have fun, pup." Aaron tells her.

"I will!" she shouts.

Alina bounces out the door with her long raven hair flying in the breeze behind her. She happily walks down the street as Destiny and Zurca jog up to her to walk beside her.

"So, did you hear the news?" Zurca begins, her raven hair getting into her face due to the breeze.

Alina and Destiny shake their heads. "Nope. What is it?" Alina says.

"Brave got into a fight with another werewolf!" Zurca shouts.

Alina gulps. She knows who the werewolf is and is scared about how her friends will react. Her mind is now made up; she won't tell them.

"Really?" Destiny questions. "Who?" she adds, now curious.

Zurca shrugs. "I never got his name only that Brave walked away in triumph." she says.

Alina stays quiet. She couldn't just blurt and say; oh yeah, the other werewolf Brave stabbed twice with the Ultima dagger was none other than her brother. Yeah that wouldn't work.

"Alina?" Destiny calls out. "You okay?" she asks.

"Oh yeah, totally." Alina replies.

Destiny hums in response. She doesn't exactly believe her best friend but at the same time; she doesn't want to question it further.

"Any-who, you guys know my brother?" Zurca starts, "well, he's got a crush!"she grins.

Alina gasps playfully. "Who?! You must tell us!" she giggles.

"He didn't say her name...but she's got raven hair and chocolate eyes he adores!" Zurca squeals.

"AHHHH!" Destiny screams. "HE LIKES YOU!" she fangirls.

Alina stops walking. "Neico does? I had no idea." she says.

"Who else has a crush?" Alina asks her best friends after five minutes of silence go by.

"Forest likes Nightmare and vice versa. Max likes Lilith as far as I know and I think that's it." Zurca says as her friends gape at her with shocked expressions. "What? I follow them on Pugbook." she comments.

((Pugbook is basically Facebook.))

"You actually do that? Wow and I thought my dad just did that to tease my mom." Destiny rolls her eyes and smiles.

Zurca shrugs. "You have to keep up with ships somehow." she retorts.

The trio continue walking down the streets of Phoenix Drop and as they make their way, their loud conversations echo slightly down the street. Zurca stops and turns around, facing Alina with a smirk on her face.

"Does Blade have a crush?" she starts to have a Cheshire grin on her face.

Alina rolls her eyes as Destiny slaps a sudden newspaper she found laying on the ground at Zurca's face.

"I don't know, I don't think he does. He just got back five years ago, Dest and I were there." Alina replies.

"Mhm, sure." Zurca says.

[][][][][]

Derek walks down the sidewalk, leading up to his son's house as an idea suddenly forms in his head. He will go find Blade and kidnap him, forcing him-himself- to train the kid. Yes, that should work if he doesn't get caught which he hopes doesn't come to that.

"Aaron said he was at Phoenix General, so Phoenix General here I come." Derek says to himself.

He's been doing that a lot lately. Just randomly talking to himself, saying whatever thoughts are on his head and yet, nobody questions it because nobody's ever around to notice it. He starts the car—his car— and pulls out of the driveway.

Within a matter of seconds and a pit-stop at a gas station to get some rope and duck tape, Derek Lycan made it to Phoenix General. He waits in his car until the bright blue sky turns black so his plan could start. He grabs the rope and duck tape and stuffs them into his coat pocket as he walks into the hospital.

He finds the room he wants by some mysterious unknown way and slowly opens it. Derek walks in and begins to tie some rope around Blade's ankles and wrists. He then grabs Blade and pushes him out of the room and the hospital in general. He pushes Blade into the backseat and remembers he has a pair of cuffs Victoria sent him. Derek pulls them out and places them on Blade's wrists, keeping the rope tied still.

"I apologize Blade, but I need to do this." Derek tells him as he drives away.