Chapter 17 - In The End |Part One|

(The next day)

Melissa boards the small boat that's going to take her and Aaron to Falcon Claw, where their parents live. Max, unfortunately, gets the opportunity to stay with Aphmau while his mom stays with Aaron.

Aphmau carries Max in her arms as she is the last to board the boat that's taking the rest of them minus Travis, Rowan, Toby, and Blade who are all staying behind. She casts one last glance at the island of Starlight, hoping that one day she gets to see the four again. As she sets Max down, she takes a deep sigh and sits on the bench, feeling the warm breeze from Starlight.

She and her friends and family have been through so much and right now, home, to her, sounded very nice.

"Aphmau! We're going home! Cheer up a little!" KC shouts.

Everyone looks at her with shocked expressions. Kawaii~Chan, for as long as they've known her, has never spoken in a regular voice. She always speaks in third person, so why the sudden change?

"Nana, I think you shocked them." Zane laughs.

"Nana?" Lucinda asks.

"That's my real name. I'm sorry I didn't tell anyone." Nana explains.

Aphmau smiles. "It's fine, KC-Nana. We understand." she says.

"I have a question for you and Zane." Katelyn blurts out.

"Yeah?" Nana responds, a smile on her face.

"What made you guys get engaged so quickly?" Katelyn asks.

Aphmau struggles to hide her grin. She and Aaron had figured out why they did get engaged and she couldn't wait for Zana to admit it!

"I think Aph knows." Zane whispers to Nana.

He gestures to the petite woman, who is holding a hand over her mouth.

"How?" Nana asks. "How did you figure it out?" she questions.

"Aaron and I had a guess that was why you guys did get engaged." Aphmau shrugs. "Besides, we both have Blade and we love him no matter what."bshe adds.

Nana grins. "Since Aphmau and Aaron seemed to have figured it out...I'm pregnant!" she shouts, happily.

Garroth spits his water out at Zane. "What?! I didn't even know you had it in you Zane!" he laughs, shocked.

Zane rolls his eyes. "Yeah, well. I love Nana and I'll love our child as much as her." he says.

"Now, that's cute! Have you guys thought of names?" Kim asks, now curious.

"We have several names for a girl; Galaxy, Zurca, Nekyci, Nekoette, and Zana. As for a boy, we only have one; Neico." Nana explains.

"Decent variety of names you got there." Aphmau comments.

"Yeah, I'm actually excited about our child!" Nana shouts.

"Speaking of children, how are you feeling Aph?" Lucinda asks the petite woman.

Aphmau looks up at at her and sighs heavily. "As fine as I can be, I guess. Blade's under the watchful eyes of Travis, Toby, Rowan, and Derek for the time being." she mumbles.

"I don't know about Rowan, Derek, or Toby but Travis can put up a fight and since we've all seen Aaron fight, you should probably figure Blade will be able to fight well enough to defend himself." Kim explains.

She, like everyone else on the boat, has seen Aaron fight many times as well as Travis, during the big battle.

"Yeah." Aphmau whispers.

(Six months later)

Six months have passed and Aphmau and Aaron are now parents to a three month old daughter named Alina. Zane and Nana are now parents to a twin girl and boy who are the same age as Alina named Zurca and Neico. Katelyn has a baby girl named Destiny, who is a month older then Alina, Zurca, and Neico. She has also been waiting for Travis to come home, who was still at Starlight along with Blade, Toby and Rowan.

Derek had come home a week ago but moved into a nice nonfancy apartment in Falcon Claw. As for Aaron, Lucinda and Ghost have worked on a potion for him to regain his memories, which they gave to him three months ago.

"Don't worry, Aph." Aaron tells her. "Travis will be back and he'll bring Blade home as well." he assures her.

Aphmau has filled him in with what is going on while he was blind and amnesiac. He did regain his memories, something him and Aphmau are quite pleased about but his blindness is another story.

He remains partly blind but can see things just not completely yet.

Aaron hugs Aphmau, tightly. "I know, I just miss him." he hears her whisper.

She tries her hardest not to break down and cry because she has to stay strong. For her friends. For her family. For everyone.

The two are interrupted by a loud cry coming from upstairs. "I'll get her." Aaron tells Aphmau, lightly kissing her cheek.

They had gotten married just before Aphmau found out she was pregnant again, about seven months ago. It saddens them that Aaron's parents, nor Sylvana could come. Rachel was dead and Sylvana's fate is unknown. Aphmau fears, if her mother is dead, like her mother-in-law is.

"Mom...I need you." Aphmau whispers.

"You know, she'd be proud." a voice suddenly says.

Aphmau turns around and gasps loudly. A blue haired man with blue eyes like Katelyn, stands in front of her, holding three leashes.

"Eric!" she shouts and hugs him.

He had married her mother years ago and Aphmau cherished him as a father than her real father ever was. Eric drops the leashes as all three pets tackle Aphmau in kisses via licks.

She laughs loudly. "Celestia! Alex! Stop it!" she says, in between the licks.

Eli III just rubs his body against hers, purring softly. Aphmau giggles as she's surrounded by three animals that clearly tell her they missed her!

Aaron watches the dogs lick Aphmau while Eli just sits there beside her and shakes his head. Baby Alina just stares at her mother outside and giggles.

"Of course you find that funny." Aaron remarks.

The end is just the beginning...