Chapter 8 - Close Proximity |Part One|

"Melissa? Do you have any names?" Aphmau asks.

She is sitting at a chair with her arms resting on the counter as a plate of food—that consists of a cheeseburger, fries, and a Poopsi. She takes a sip of the Poopsi before setting it back down on the marble countertops.

Melissa sits beside her, staring at her own plate of food. "No, I haven't thought of any." she mumbles.

"I've got some advice for you, you'll know the perfect name when your heart says it's perfect." Aph says.

She starts eating her cheeseburger, munching on the fries in between bites. When she notices Melissa eying her French fries, Aphmau makes a bold move. She slaps them onto her burger and grins cheekily.

"Ew." Melissa complains. "That's gross." she says.

"It's not gross! It's quite good actually! You should try it sometime." Aphmau tells her.

"No thank you, I'm good." Melissa quickly says.

Aphmau shrugs. "Suit yourself." she replies and takes yet another bite of her burger.

When she's all done with her food, she stands up, pushes the chair in, and sets her dishes in the stainless steel sink. From there, she smirks at Melissa.

"What?" Melissa looks up. "Oh, hush. I still don't have any names for him. Besides, yours is due sooner than mine." it's Melissa turn to smirk now.

Aphmau drops her smirk. "You got me there." she mutters.

"Kawaii~Chan has an idea!" KC shouts, as she walks into the kitchen.

She holds up a flyer. "Kawaii~Chan thought Aphmau~Senpai and Melissa~Chan would want to go to a grand opening at a casino because Kawaii~Chan really wants to go but Zane~Kun said no." KC says.

"Kawaii~Chan, Aphmau and I are not in the current state to even go. Sorry." Melissa states.

KC starts to whine. "Alright! Alright! Fine, we'll go if it stops your whining!" Aphmau shouts.

The meif'wa stops whining and bounces giddily. "Kawaii~Chan is so excited!" KC yells as she's bouncing.

()()()()()

So, here they are, standing in a vertical line outside the casino. Thousands of people walk on the red carpet that leads inside but Kawaii~Chan drags Zane by his hand and races in. Melissa and Lucinda facepalm before walking in together. Garroth follows behind as Aphmau takes a step forward, holding her hand out to Aaron. To the untrained eye, you couldn't tell she and Melissa were with child because Lucinda and Kim managed to cast a spell to temporarily hide their pregnancies.

The music is a soft melody that echoes gracefully as every couple is dancing their own creative way to the music. Garroth is creating his own uniquely of dancing and catches the eyes of many single women. Again, Melissa and Lucinda facepalm and just stay in each other's embrace, dancing together.

Melissa looks around and sees Aph and Aaron dancing together when Kawaii~Chan races in between them with Zane holding her hand.

The four laugh and continue dancing. "I wish this could never end. It's so peaceful." Melissa comments.

Lucinda nods. "I know right. So peaceful indeed." she says.