promise❤️

i ran all the errands i had to run. i showed , did my hair , & makeup. for some reason i wanted to look good for her.

by the time i was done with everything it was 6:45 so i went to sit in my room to watch Netflix.

when i finally found something to watch sky texted me.

sky:hey beautiful. we're like 5 minutes away❤️

y/n:hey bubs & okay love❤️. i love you. be safe🤍

sky:i love you too gorgeous. we will😚

i took a deep breath and turned my tv off. i went to the kitchen and got three bottles of water. i sat them on my table in my living room.

i sat down on the couch and waited. i started drinking my water. i started trying to figure out how this conversation would go. different scenarios played in my head.

my thoughts were interrupted when there was a knock on my door. i practically jumped from the chair over the the door.

i looked through the peep hole even though i knew who it was.

i unlocked and opened the door. sure enough it was my bestfriend and billie.

billie didn't look at me. she kept her head down and played with her rings.

skylar gave me the biggest hug before walking in.

"come in" i say to billie who was still standing in my doorway

she walked in slowly still her head down playing with her rings.

i closed and locked the door and took another deep breath.

billie went and sat on my couch while sky grabbed a bottle of water and sat next to her.

i sat on the other side of the couch and looked at billie.

god she was so beautiful.

she still wouldn't look at me but i started talking to her.

"hey billie" i say not really knowing what to say

she looked at me , tears in her eyes

"hey y/n" she said voice cracking

sky got up and signaled she'd be in my bedroom. i nodded in response.

i got up and sat next to billie.

we looked at each other and it was like i was gonna fall in love all over again. but i didn't want too.

i pulled her into my chest. i just wanted to hug her. i wanted to hold her. as soon as i did she melted into my embrace. soon after she started crying.

i stayed strong even though all I wanted to do was cry. i just didn't know how to feel.

she finally started talking after awhile of crying in my embrace.

"y-y/n i-im so so sorry. i never thought i could miss someone so much. i was wrong. i was so fucking wrong and i can totally see that now. i don't know why i did it and i took you for granted and i should've saw that you were the best thing that ever happened to me. i haven't even been functional since you made me leave. my mom, my dad, & finneas have been so distant and disappointed in me because i did what i did. y/n i-i love you and i really really miss you. i don't know if you'll even consider giving me another chance because you gave me chance after chance and i kept fucking up. y/n you are the best thing that's ever happened to me and i really am a fuck up. honestly i am and i should've never even thought about cheating. i just really want you in my life. ill never even think about doing that ever again. i need you more then ever right now. y/n please. please" she said now sobbing into my chest

i stayed quiet. i felt warm tears escape my eyes. i did love her. but i would be a fool. would i be?

i looked up to see sky standing in the door way. she had tears in her eyes as well.

"im sorry y/n. i really am. i'm sorry" she kept saying

i caressed her back. that's how i used to calm her down when she was like this.

i spoke after what seemed like ages.

"billie. i love you. i do. and i miss you more than anything. there's things i wish you could see me achieve. i miss your cuddles. i miss your scent, your eyes. the way you sung to me when i had a horrible day , when i was sick , or just randomly. you hurt me. billie you shattered my heart. i contemplated hurting myself i really did. there was something you saw in her that you didn't see in my and that really really fucked my heart up. i know my worth billie. but ive never seen you show so much emotion for me at once. i can see something changed in you. idk what it was but i see it."

she looked at me. then at my lips then back at me.

i looked at her. then at her lips then back at her.

"y/n. i love you. you're everything i want and need. i wanna marry you. i wanna have kids with you. i want everything with you. i couldn't see that until now. i don't know why it took me so long to see that. i promise with everything i will never ever ever do anything to ever hurt you again. im so in love with you and i was just so blind. i promise y/n. please." she said interlocking her fingers with mine.

she'd never promised before. about anything. something was different in her and i could tell.

"okay" was all i could say

she smashed her lips into mine. it was just an instinct to kiss her back.

she pulled away and put her head back into my chest.

i looked at my bestfriend. she looked at me like she was proud but afraid of what was to come.

i was afraid too. i loved this girl and i saw a change in her but what if it was to reel me back in.

i just wanted to know if she'd live up to her promise.
...

2 years later

she lived up to her promise. she never did anything to hurt me. ever again. we had occasional arguments. but i loved her more and more then she could've ever known. i just turned 18. billie just turned 18 as well. we have a beautiful 1 month old daughter. jordyn. we're engaged. i thought i was stupid to give her another chance but everything she'd promised , she lived up too and couldn't have been more thankful for my future wife.

i was sitting & watching netflix with billie while jordyn slept.

i looked at billie who was looking at me

"what" i say blushing

"you're just so beautiful and i can't wait to marry you" she said grabbing my hand

"and i can't wait to marry you" i say looking into her beautiful eyes

"i love you forever y/n. never forget that" she says kissing my forehead

"i love you forever billie. and never i don't want you to forget."

A/N: kinda went backwards but hey this all is connected🥺🤍. i loved this and i thought it would be cute. i wanted this to all be connected in a way but i loved this and i hope you love it too. i love you guys ❤️. again thank you for 20K reads. you guys mean everything to me❤️
w/c:1259