🏠|Chapter 20|🏠

"T-two cu-cups o-of su-sugar," Jace mumbled to herself as she grabbed the sugar out of the cabinet and called for Evan, who groaned and stomped to the kitchen.

Jace nodded towards the sugar, "w-wi-will y-yo-you p-po-pour th-this for m-me?" Evan snickered, "why can't you pour it yourself?" Jace shrugged, "I-I'm al-allergic t-t-to su-sug-sugar."

The younger rolled her eyes but nodded and dumped the sugar into the cup and then into the batter and looked at her older sister, "that enough?"

Jace hummed and thanked her, carefully putting away the sugar. She made sure to get none on her and made sure to not sniff it at all.

The girl is still deathly allergic to sugar. If she's around it for more then fifteen minutes she'll get sick and throw up and if she sniffs it at all or catches a whiff of it, she's done for. Her lungs close and she has a episode of a allergy attack. But god forbid it touches her.

Evan stuck around for a few minutes after that- "did eomma speak to you?"

Jace made a humming sound, "a-abo-about w-wh-what?" Evan shrugged, "I think he wants another one... I don't think mom can survive another child." Jace shrugged and cracked an egg, putting it into the bowl and throwing the shell away.

"I-I d-do-don't k-know. I m-me-mean... m-m-may-maybe? I-i-it's h-his ch-choice. W-we'll b-be o-ok-okay t-tho-though." The elder reassured, now grabbing the mixing spoon and started mixing it.

The younger female shrugged, "so... you don't know?" Jace shook her head, "n-no."

Which was a complete lie but Evan is young and known to throw fits and Jace doesn't want to her one of those right now.

The elder sighed quietly when she read the directions again. Evan looked up, "you good?" Jace nodded, "y-yeah. f-frus-frusterated," she declared, mixing a little rougher.

Evan pursed her small lips, "alright."