Chapter 3- Hand in Hand

((Y/N)'s POV)

Morning. For the first time, I woke up with a smile on my face and looked forward to school, all because of Shiro. I picked up his scarf that lay beside me and snuggled in it. Shiro... I walked to the bathroom and took a shower. Getting changed to my uniform, I walked downstairs, and into the kitchen.

I noticed a note stuck on the fridge. It was from daddy:

"Morning sweetie,

I had to go to work early for a business meeting, and didn't want to wake you up. The meeting is very far from here, so I'll be staying in a hotel for the night. Make sure you lock the doors and windows before you go to bed tonight. If anything happens go the neighbours and call me.

See you.

Daddy."

I smiled at the letter written from the over-protective father. I made toasts and sat by the dining table. Thinking about how I'll spend another night alone. Mum died when I was young due to a car accident, and it was always just me and daddy. Daddy was a businessman and spends many days at meetings and presentations. There were many days like today, where he had a meeting too far from home, forcing him to stay at a hotel and me alone at home. Daddy was not at fault, in fact he wanted to quit and find another job, so that he can stay at home during the night. However, I persuaded him not to, and told him I can take care of myself.

I washed my plate and put my coat on. Wearing Shiro's scarf around my neck, I carried my bag over my shoulder and unlocked the door. Walking outside, I locked the door behind me and began walking.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)! Wait up!" I heard someone shouting behind me.

"Eh? Shiro?" I stopped and waited for Shiro.

"Morning (Y/N)," he said cheerfully and smiled.

"Morning Shiro." I smiled back.

"You look cute as always." He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek.

"S-Shiro! What are you doing?"

"Kissing your cheek," he said blankly, with a confused face.

"Not out here in public!"

"Oh, I get you." He smirked at me and leaned closer to my face and said, "Wanna go somewhere private?"

"Shiro!" I exclaimed and blushed madly.

"Just kidding." He walked ahead.

I sighed. He turned around and faced me with his infamous smirk. I looked at him questioningly.

"We're still at an early stage of our relationship to do any naughty things, (Y/N)," he said and continued to walk, leaving me dumbfounded.

"Shiro! You're the one who made the move!" I shouted and run after him.

"Haha, whatever you say," he said.

"Idiot," I muttered.

"What?"

"Nothing," I smiled brightly at him.

He stared at me and grinned. He held my hand and kissed my temple.

"You're wearing my scarf."

"Oh yeah," I said, "Erm, do you want it back?"

"Are you kidding? You look adorable when you wear my scarf."

"But what about you?"

"Like I said before, as long as you're with me, that's enough to keep me warm."