Chapter 2- His smile

((Y/N)’s POV)

“(Y/N)”.
I looked up to see the person whose voice I recognised immediately.
“Shiro?” I gazed at his handsome face.
“Yo (Y/N),” he said and a wide grin appeared on his face.
“Jeez you scared me,” I muttered, looking away from him.
“I did?” He raised an eyebrow.
“Yeah, I can still feel my heart beating fast.”
“Let me hear it.”
“Eh?”
He smirked and leaned closed to me. His head was centimetres away from my chest.
“S-Shiro!” I exclaimed. I brought my hands to my chest to stop him from coming closer.
“Just joking,” he leaned back and grinned again.
I sighed and just looked at his honey-coloured eyes. His grin turned into a smile. A cute smile. The smile that caused me to have a crush on him.

                               ***

I remember it well: I had known Shiro for a while since we were in class together. Shiro is one of the popular guys in school, and I can understand why. He’s tall, slightly muscular and handsome. He has chestnut brown coloured hair with slightly long bangs over his forehead. Not only was he good looking, but he was friendly to everyone and a kind person. I would be lying if I didn’t say I found him attractive, but I never did have a crush on him, until I accidently bumped into him.
I was carrying lots of books, as I made my way across the school’s corridor. The books were all stacked up, while I carried them in my arms, unfortunately I could not see what was directly in front of me due to this. Now and then I peeked at the side to make sure I was not going to trip over something. However, I still managed to bump into Shiro. This caused me to fall onto the ground with the books.
“Ow,” I groaned, rubbing my back.
“Oh shit! I’m so sorry!” Shiro kneeled down and peered at me.
“Don’t worry!” I blushed at his handsome face that was close to mine and moved back.
“This is my fault,” he said.
He stood up and held his hand out to me. I took his hand and he easily pulled me up, and I fell onto his chest.
“Sorry, (Y/N) for bumping into you,” he said and smiled at me.
He knows my name! Ahhhh! And his smile. I stared dumbly at him and felt my cheeks burning as he smiled kindly at me.
“Ahh! It’s m-my fault I couldn’t see where I-I was going!” I stuttered. Why did I stutter?!
“Hahaha!” He laughed and said, “Exactly, since you couldn’t see, I should’ve paid attention to where I walking.”
“That’s true,” I said.
He looked amused and then smirked. I just continued to stare at him and now felt my whole body burning. Why do I feel like this?
“Hmm,” he mumbled.
“What is it?”
“You’re pretty cute when you’re blushing,” he said.
“S-Shiro!” I exclaimed and looked down.
I felt his large hand gently touched my chin and rising my head up to look at him. He brought his face close to mine and tilted his head at an angle. Is he going to…? He went past my lips and stopped at my ear. I felt his lips brush my ear.
“You’re really cute,” he whispered into my ear.
I felt my heart furiously beating against my chest. He moved back and looked down at me.
“Hehe, (Y/N) breathe,” he said.
Realising I stopping breathing, I inhaled and exhaled like my life depended on it. At this sight, Shiro continued to laugh.
“You’re mean Shiro,” I muttered.
“Hehe sorry, couldn’t help myself. Here, let me help to carry the books.”
“There’s no need for that!”
“A cute girl like you shouldn’t carry this much. Let me help you,” he said.
“Fine.” Wait did he call me cute again!
I realised he hasn’t moved yet. I gave him a questionable look and he understood it.
“Your hands,” he said and then smiled.
I looked at my hands and realised that I was holding onto his shoulders. I exclaimed and took my hands off him. I was about to take a step back but I was not able to. I looked down and saw his arm around my waist.
“Oops sorry. Didn’t notice this,” he laughed and removed his arm from my waist.
“It’s fine.” I muttered.
We picked up the books and walked to the library together. We stayed in the library for a while and talked. After this meeting, Shiro would talk to me when he sees me, and I eventually began to like him every time.