Reforged Alliances: A Broken Prophecy Story Chapter 15

This is a fanfic and I make no money from this. Original copyrights belong to Dreamworks and Cresedia Cowell

Chapter 15

The day passes in a numb blur, Camicazi watches each of the dragons carefully. Kari and Tannlaus were a known quantity, but the others were complete strangers. The pair of Nightmares were funny to watch at first. The large red one acted like a big puppy, constantly trailing after the yellow one, much to the smaller dragon's obvious frustration.

"You think those two will get together?" The familiar voice of her fellow outcast asks, before sitting next to her. His lopsided grin has a calming influence on the girl's stormy mood.  Seeing her blush slightly, he passes her a large mug of mead.

"What do ya' mean?"

"It's obvious isn't it? He's trying to court her. She obviously likes him, but she isn't making it easy."

Once Thuggery points it out, Cami nods slowly at first. "He's been bringing her food, little shiny odds and ends... He's been making a pest of himself..." She laughs, "He's acting just like some of the suitors I've had to deal with".

"From what I've gathered, the yellow one was Hiccup's cousin."

"No! The bully?" Cami gasps, before laughing out loud, bringing a smile to Thuggery's own face. "What do you make of those Nadders?"  She turns to watch the adult dragons playing with three smaller hatchlings and the gold eyed Night Fury. "They look like a happy little family."

"None of them act like the bloodthirsty monsters we were always taught they were." Thuggery shakes his head, "Maybe Hiccup isn't a unique example... I mean, the dragons on that island left us food and let us wander around. I can't believe that there wasn't at least one blood-thirsty monster waiting to eat us whole out of the hundreds that seemed to be there, but here we are."

Cami grows confused by the insistent nudging of her foot. Looking down she sees a pair of large green eyes, framed in a curious black face, blinking up at her. The small Night Fury was somewhere between a large house cat and a small hunting dog, in size. "Well hello there..." Thuggery chuckles as the small dragon makes itself at home by climbing into Camicazi's lap. With a deep sigh, it curls up into a tight knot and slips quietly into sleep, giving the teen an almost imperceptible purr of contentment.

A second hatchling flitters around on unsteady wings, before landing roughly next to Camicazi. Blue eyes sparkle at her before climbing on top of its sibling. "Ooof... Hey, some help here!" She calls quietly to Thuggery. Glancing over the pile of black scales and leathery wings, she can't miss the large boys mirth. "How can anything so small weigh so much!"

Thuggery gives a quiet chuckle before carefully lifting the second dragon from Cami's lap. Returning to his seat beside her, he lets the blue-eyed dragon settle down in his own. "They are kinda cute aren't they?" He follows Cami's lead and begins stroking it's head like a pet. "Wonder what they are called."

"That one is called Jade..." A gentle voice whispers from behind the teens, nearly making them startle. "Sorry... I'm Valka, Hiccup's mother. These are my grandchildren."

"I thought Hiccup's mother was dead?  Oh, um...  Sorry, that's kinda rude o' me.   Would you like a seat?" Cami asks.

The older woman sits down, chuckling at the pair. "And that one," she points to Thuggery, "Is Starchaser."

"Starchaser? That's unusual... I can see this one being called Jade. She has her father's eyes." Cami says, as she scratches at the young dragoness belly, chuckling when one of her forelegs begins twitching like a puppy.