Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Today is the 26th of October. I had responded to the Payne’s letter and told them I was for sure coming, but I hadn’t yet received a reply.

Jessica and I were so hyper and excited, that we stayed at my house and were up until 2am brainstorming on things to do while we are there.

We were so wore out from our excitement last night that we didn’t want to wake up. Of course, we had to, because if we didn’t we would miss our flight.

I had my parents drive us to the airport and after about 20 minutes of waiting, we boarded the plane.

The ride to England was tiring because it was a long, boring, 17 hour flight.

When we finally landed at the airport, we got our luggage and walked the sitting area. Around 5 minutes later, we called a taxi and left to the address that was on my letters from the Payne’s.

The ride was probably around a half hour, but Jessica and I were so excited, that it felt like half a minute.

As soon as we got to the house, we were greeted by what I guessed was Karen. As soon as we got out of the taxi, she ran and hugged us both extremely tight.

She helped us with our bags, and showed us our room. As soon as we got settled, she brought us into the living room. Both, Jessica and I, sat down on a small beige couch, and just smiled like idiots.

Karen came in and sat in the chair across from where Jessica and I were sitting.

She started off by saying “So, I’m guessing you are Emily? And Jessica?” she asked pointing at me and then Jessica.

“Yeah, and thank you so much for inviting us. I really appreciate it.” I said trying not to laugh.

“I’m very glad you guys came. I really should be the thanking you.”

“Oh, really, it’s our pleasure.” Jessica said being polite.

“Well, anyway, please make yourself at home. Liam will be here around 10:00 tomorrow morning. He will be very pleased to see that you have arrived.”

“Thank you.” Jessica and I said at the same time.

“Oh, and um, Karen?” I asked.

“Yes?”

“Thank you for everything. You really have made me feel welcome, even though I just got here.”

“Oh, it’s my pleasure. And if there is anything that you need, just let me know.”

“Ok, thanks.”

“Jessica, you, too, if you need anything, just tells me.”

“Thank you, I will.” Jessica responded and Karen walked out to let us take a nap from our flight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I woke up, it was 4:00 pm. I had been asleep for 6 hours. I quickly woke up Jessica, so we would be able to sleep tonight.

I suddenly realized I hadn’t called the school for vacation days, so I quickly dialed the number.

“Hello, I’m calling to schedule vacation days for Jessica and myself.”

“Okay, for what day? And how long will you be on vacation?”

“Um, for 29th through the 12th.”

“Okay, good thing we recently switched two weeks’ vacation time to four.”

“Ok, thank you so much. Bye.”

Call ends.

Jessica must’ve wondered off out of the room, because she wasn’t in the room anymore.

I brushed through my hair, and walked into the living room, which is where I hear talking.

When I arrived into the room, I took a seat next to Jessica, and saw Liam Payne right in front of me. How could I have such an attractive brother? Oh well, I guess since he’s my brother he’s off limits to me.

Liam was hugging our mom, Karen, when I sat down. He must’ve seen me come in, because he immediately greeted me with a warm hug. I hugged him back and smiled, even though he couldn’t see it.

I pulled out of the hug and introduced myself.

“Hi, I’m Emily.”

“Hi, I’m Liam, it’s very nice to meet you.” He said with a kind smile.

“I’m Jessica, Emily’s best friend.” Jessica said, probably feeling the awkwardness in the air.

“It’s very nice to meet you, as well, Jessica.”

We all sat back down and started talking about random things. When Liam started talking about meeting the rest of the guys, is when I became more serious about the conversation.

“I’m sure the lads would love to meet you guys.” Liam stated and I was so anxious if he was going to say when we would be able to meet them. “Actually, I’ve invited them to stay a few nights this week. That would help you get to know them each a bit better.” Well that answered my question.

“That would be lovely.” I said after a while of thinking and I still couldn’t stop wondering if they would like me.

“Well, I am so glad to finally meet my sister. I have been waiting for weeks! I still don’t even know if I can believe this!” Liam said while laughing.

I laughed a little bit with him and finally said “I would have never known I had a brother until Kar- I mean mom wrote the letter saying I was adopted.”

“I guess you’re not used to calling her mom. I’m sure after a while of being around her, you’ll get the hang of it.”