Chapter 2

Chapter 2

When I woke up the next morning, I was freezing cold. The fan that was originally turned on low, was now full speed, on high. I was very displeased because I must’ve gotten hot last night and turned it up.

I went straight into the bathroom for a shower to warm me up. When I got out and dressed I brushed my hair, and pulled it up into a high messy, but cute bun. I went into the kitchen poured myself a bowl of cereal, ate, and went back into the bathroom. I put on some makeup, and brushed my teeth. I went into the living room, grabbed my phone, and checked twitter.

There were no new important tweets, so I just closed twitter, and texted Jessica.

To Jessica:

Good Morning, love! You want me to pick you up for school today?

As I waited for her to respond I put on my shoes and unwrinkled the bottom of my skinnies.

From Jessica:

Sure! I would love you to do that! Oh, and good morning!

I quickly responded to her as if my finger were on fire.

To Jessica:

Ok! I’m on my way! Be ready in 5.

It seemed like it only took a second for her to respond.

From Jessica:

Ok!

I got into my car, and drove to her house. When I got there, she was waiting on the porch for me.

The ride to school was silent, Jessica was finishing her math homework, and I was, of course, driving.

We went through school as usual, and on the way home, I dropped her off at her house, got to mine, ran into my room, grabbed the letter of my bedside table, went back to my car, and drove to the post office.

I mailed the letter, and hoped it would get there soon.

Within a week, I got a letter back.

I was coming home, Jessica with me, and I grabbed the mail for my mom. When I looked through it, I found what I was looking for. I drove into the driveway, and Jessica and I walked inside. I set the unimportant mail on the counter, and we went into my room.

“Is it from them?” Jessica asked while putting her bag on the floor.

“Yeah, I just don’t know how I will survive without you. And I can’t just ask them if I can bring someone with me, that’s rude.” I said matter-of-factly.

“Don’t worry about me. You’ll be fine. Besides you’ve always got Liam, and I’m sure he will want to introduce you to the rest of the guys.”

“That’s why I want you with me. I’m almost positive that Harry would be all over you.”

“Just open it and see what it says.” Jessica said referring to the letter.

I opened it and read it… I was surprised by what it said.

Emily,

 I’m very sorry I didn’t make myself clear on my name. My name is Karen, and your sisters are Nicola and Ruth but they don't happen to live with me anymore. They have grown and moved out. I’m not sure if you mean a good or a bad shock about Liam being your brother, I would certainly hope it’s good. Anyway, I would like you to bring someone close to you, such as a best friend or relative, to make you feel more comfortable. In the first letter I sent you 2 tickets, and I hope you use both!

                                                                                                                                    With love,

Karen

I was very happy to hear that I could bring someone. I immediately turned to Jessica and said “I am so totally bringing you!”

“You better! If not, I would be really angry.”

“But when will we go? We have school, so we don’t have time.”

“We can get some vacation time.”

“Yeah, that’s true. How long do you think we would be there, because we only get 2 weeks of vacation at a time.”

“Um, we could go for those 2 weeks, and then come back and maybe visit again over spring break or something.”

“Yeah, we could. I will ask them about it.”

“Okay, sounds good to me.”

 After Jessica left, I went to my desk in my room and wrote back to Karen Payne.

Karen,

Thank you so much! I do plan on visiting you! Soon. I was wondering, since Liam is in the band and all, would we be able to meet with him being so busy? Again, thank you, and I would like to know a good time to visit. Oh, and I do plan on bringing someone. I’m glad you offered!

Yours truly,

Emily

After I finished, and sealed my letter, I went and sat on my bed. I grabbed my laptop and logged on. I had no idea what to do, so I just got off, and sat there.